Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

Ch...Ch...Changes

Old 08-18-2009, 04:28 PM
eng
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng
Default Re: Ch...Ch...Changes

Originally Posted by brandini
Okay, I understand what you're talking about now and will look into it.

Originally Posted by Reloaded
I think something like a Wiki would be far too open ended given the kind of juvenile asshattery that occurs sometimes.

But perhaps if you had a core group of users that could submit articles and photos the page could easily be maintained.
Of course it would be limited to select users posting content, which is why it hasn't been implemented as of yet. No one has said I want to post content related to X that would be worthwhile to make a real front page with.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:31 PM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

the front page idea i like. maybe just Post image links on it to Event threads or photo threads from our Sponsors for the time being.

I still ask for Chat feature.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

a way to search new posts without always having the backroom show up.

several times at work i've either accidently clicked one and/or zoned out and didn't even think about it and was like word, cute redheads ::click:: ...Oh fuck whoops
Old 08-18-2009, 06:25 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

found this on craigslist....can it be stickied to the for sale threads...

seriously...this applies to drag as much as any other forum where vehicles are sold...

1. Four things should be automatically included in your post, they are as follows: Year, make, model, and price. "Car for sale, please call" is not an adequate posting, and doesn't make me want to call you. In fact, never mind, I do want to call you- I want to tell you you're an idiot. Posting "Honda for sale, great car" Doesn't make me want to buy it either, what year Honda? What model? And certainly, how much are you looking for for this "great car"?

2. Other information is also appreciated. To dangle the carrot in front of the horse, you need the stick. Give me the mileage. What kind of transmission? What kind of interior? Any extras? (This does not mean if you have a five year old sony cd player that you can add an extra $500 to the price to keep it in the car)

3. Please post pics. Especially if you say, "has fender damage" or "Needs some body work". I don't want to waste yours or my time by emailing or calling when the car is missing the entire front end. Thanks, but no thanks.

4. Be reasonable. If you are asking $1500 for a car that needs an engine, you are probably asking too much. If you are asking $1500 for an '88 that needs an engine, you're insane. If you say, "way below blue book value", do not insult my intelligence by putting the car for sale at $50 less than KBB. (Speaking of KBB, they have a website (KBB.com)) Look up your car in it's current condition, if it says N/A, that means the car is not worth $3500 and anyone who pays that much is an imbecile.

5. Re-posting will not make the price seem better. If your car has been on CL for months, it's probably time to lower the price. Posting every three days with the same *FIRM price is just irritating and insulting. If you're not willing to come down, be willing to keep paying the taxes until the imbecile from #3 sees your post.

6. Say what you mean, and mean what you say. Including your phone number and saying ONLY EMAILS is asinine. Including your phone number and saying "calls only between 3-3:30 pm" is pointless, I'd rather just email you. "OBO" means just that, your price OR BEST OFFER. If you need to get rid of the car by today, and no one has offered you the price you wanted- either keep the car or go with the BEST OFFER! Oh, and saying "need to get rid of car by today" and then posting the same car a few days later is only showing you just want more money than the car's worth, and you're waiting for some idiot to just hand you money.

7. Know what you are talking about. Saying "Car runs great, other than a broken timing belt" shows I will probably be raped buying your car. It's been driven hard and put up wet by someone who thinks a car runs great with a BROKEN timing belt. "Has a knock and shakes entire car while driving, but otherwise drives fine" makes me want to call you, set up a meet, and slap you in the face. "Needs some work, don't know what" is acceptable. Thank you for being honest, in both that the car isn't perfect and that you have no idea why.

8. Know what you are selling. If I call and ask about your 91 Honda Civic Hatchback, please don't tell me it has a stock V8. Are you even selling your car, or did you steal someone elses? (This actually happened). If you've swapped engines and now it won't start, don't tell me it's because you "just don't have time to figure it out". It's because of your backyard mechanics. Putting a 2008 motor into a 1990 shell without the proper knowledge is going to cause more trouble than it's worth. If you swap a 6 cylinder engine for an 8 and you don't do anything with the ECU (and it's running like shit), please don't expect me to take anything else you have to say seriously.

9. Remove postings when they are no longer applicable. If the car has only been up for a day, I don't know if it's gone. You do. Remove the posting so you won't get emails or calls about a car you don't have any more. It wastes my time and many others. Not to mention the cars that have been up for almost a month that no one wants to call because they are "sure" they are gone already.

10. Please be honest. I understand you want to sell your car, and any idiot on the street can lie. But if you post, "Excellent Condition, runs great, low mileage" and I get there and it has dents, rod knocks, and over 150k, I'm going to be pissed. You can get into serious trouble with the wrong buyer by being obviously misleading. This does include but is not limited to: "Did some work on the car, now runs great", but what you really mean is "Patched it up with duct tape and it will hold until you get home".
Old 08-18-2009, 06:41 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Damn duane, you put some heart into that one.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:52 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Originally Posted by Slimsta Jimsta
a way to search new posts without always having the backroom show up.
See the answer to the first reply in this thread

Originally Posted by nftuatn
found this on craigslist....can it be stickied to the for sale threads...

seriously...this applies to drag as much as any other forum where vehicles are sold...
Cliffs?

Though skimming through it ... what don't we have covered by the current rules? We already changed it so that what we felt was the bare minimum as far as information goes is now required in the first post.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:59 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

oh we have it covered....can we implement something to where a member who is trying to post a classified add has to read this and click a box that says i have read the rules ..

before they can make a classified add...

and also if they click the box and still dont have the requirements for their add correctly then they get banned

1st offense a 2 day ban and thread closed
2nd they get a week ban
3rd strike...perma ban

lets be honest here...90% of noobs are here for the classifieds...you hardly hear a peep out of them...

at least the ones that have common sense and can follow the rules would be allowed to stay and maybe venture out of the classifieds and become a contrbuting member...and if not at least the classifieds would be easier to navigate
Old 08-18-2009, 07:01 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

just my 2 cents...and ryan i didnt write it...just copy and pasted from craigslist...

and
Old 08-18-2009, 07:15 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

for sale sections divided into regions? along with getting rid of NOVA all together....
Old 08-18-2009, 07:18 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
for sale sections divided into regions? along with getting rid of NOVA all together....
thats a great idea....i hate seeing something i want just to realize its in lynchburg...or pennsylvania...thats right..pa there is a bike being sold right now and the guy is in pa....wtf???

but all the for sale...vehicles and parts...if someone is looking for a particular item then the search button would find it in other locations...

like a 757 section...804,540,you get the point..