Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

bumping a for sale thread

Old 01-31-2011, 02:08 PM
keyboard warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hardline has much to be proud ofHardline has much to be proud ofHardline has much to be proud ofHardline has much to be proud ofHardline has much to be proud ofHardline has much to be proud ofHardline has much to be proud ofHardline has much to be proud ofHardline has much to be proud ofHardline has much to be proud ofHardline has much to be proud of
Default bumping a for sale thread

someone asked me a question on my thread at 11 AM, I replied specifically to his question on my thread at 2 pm, and now my thread is on page two. Am I still allowed to use my once-a-day-bump? I didn't put the word 'bump' in my post and my response wasn't an attempt to bump my thread. Just curious on the rules. Thanks
Old 01-31-2011, 02:11 PM
Friendly Jackboot

sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80
Default Re: bumping a for sale thread....

check the rules...usually answering a question doesn't count as a bump...but this is vadriven so who knows. ps. next time, pm a mod instead of making a thread.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:11 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

anytime you or anyone else post in a thread it bumps it to the top...so to reply and then say bump is retarded...if you bump it hours later no one will say anything...
Old 01-31-2011, 02:12 PM
Friendly Jackboot

sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80

(i meant in regards to the 1 day per bump rule, some forums don't count answering a question as a bump...yes, even though they both do the same thing)
Old 01-31-2011, 02:26 PM
keyboard warrior

Hardline has much to be proud ofHardline has much to be proud ofHardline has much to be proud ofHardline has much to be proud ofHardline has much to be proud ofHardline has much to be proud ofHardline has much to be proud ofHardline has much to be proud ofHardline has much to be proud ofHardline has much to be proud ofHardline has much to be proud of

good point. thanks guys and sorry to make a thread. i will pm next time!
Old 01-31-2011, 02:30 PM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

legit question. i always wondered this same thing.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:59 PM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

To add to this thread

ENG - Why not save a LOT of bandwidth and just at the "bump thread" option like a few other forums I'm on. That way you don't have to read

BumpBumpBumpBumpBump
BumpBumpBumpBump
BumpBumpBump
BumpBumpBumpBump
BumpBumpBump
BumpBumpBump
BumpBump
Bump
Bump
BumpBumpBumpBump
BumpBumpBumpBump
BumpBumpBumpBump
BumpBumpBump
Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump
BumpBump
BumpBumpBump

?
Old 02-01-2011, 02:26 PM
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

I like doing these:

Old 02-02-2011, 06:22 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Originally Posted by Hardline
good point. thanks guys and sorry to make a thread. i will pm next time!
No, make a thread next time. You might not be the only one with the same question.

In regards to the bumping of threads, answering questions don't count as bumping, as long as you don't try and get spammy about it, i.e. answering old questions one at a time in order to bump your thread.

Originally Posted by AfricanChild
To add to this thread

ENG - Why not save a LOT of bandwidth and just at the "bump thread" option like a few other forums I'm on. That way you don't have to read
The bandwidth savings on that would be minimal at best (not to mention we have plenty of quota available), and the way to do that is hack the forums so that bumping a thread makes an "invisible" post, not something I'm keen on doing.

Not to mention the classified trolls who bump other peoples threads
Old 02-02-2011, 07:16 PM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Originally Posted by eng
No, make a thread next time. You might not be the only one with the same question.

In regards to the bumping of threads, answering questions don't count as bumping, as long as you don't try and get spammy about it, i.e. answering old questions one at a time in order to bump your thread.

The bandwidth savings on that would be minimal at best (not to mention we have plenty of quota available), and the way to do that is hack the forums so that bumping a thread makes an "invisible" post, not something I'm keen on doing.

Not to mention the classified trolls who bump other peoples threads
Well when you put it that way...

I just really hate having to read through 5 pages of bumps looking for important information about the status of the vehicle or part, but thanks any way for what you do!