Notices
Frequently Asked Questions Please look through this forum first before asking any questions regarding the forums or the website.

How to: Do Multi User Quotations

Old 04-11-2005, 05:54 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Z-24 Black Z-24
Post How to: Do Multi User Quotations

Not sure if this is the admins area or the people who design the boards. If there is a way around it that I don't know of, let me know and lock thread.

When you click quote on the reply or new thread screen, the javascript application pops up and asks you what text to be formatted. Is there any way you could make another pop-up come up and ask which user the quote is from and have that formatted in as well?

This comes from the inability to use the "reply with quote" button for two users if you want to quote more than one user in your reply. I usually just manually highlight what was said, then use the quote button and just type in the name after I entered it. Its not to much of a hassle, but it would be helpful.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:47 PM
the monkey modder

ShizZits has disabled reputation
Default Re: Quotations

when you make the quote just add in a (no ' " 's) "=username" inbetween the brackets of the first quote ( [QUOTE ]).

Originally Posted by username
Old 04-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Registered Member

Black Z-24 Black Z-24

Originally Posted by ShizZits
when you make the quote just add in a (no ' " 's) "=username" inbetween the brackets of the first quote ( [QUOTE ]).
I guess the point was to make it easier
Old 04-12-2005, 07:25 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

So that I'm clear ... you're trying to quote more than 1 person in a single reply?

If that's the case there's no easy way to do it. The forum was designed to be threaded so that a post is a child of only 1 other post. Add "&mode=threaded" to any thread to see what I'm talking about (use "&mode=linear" to switch back). You can also use the "Display Modes" dropdown to change between them.

The easiest way to do it IMO is if you have a browser that supports tabs just open the "Quote" link in a new tab for each post you want to quote and click "Post Reply" in your current tab. Just copy and paste from the new tabs into your main reply. At least this way it will have the quote tag properly formatted and you don't have to type it yourself.