Notices
Events Look here for all and any upcoming events that you can attend.

Fort Story, VA Beach Car Show, June 1st

Old 05-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YJGTO has disabled reputation
Default Fort Story, VA Beach Car Show, June 1st

Ok fellas, Fort Story will be hosting it's first car show on June 1st 2012. From the looks of it, this is going to be a killer show. But it's not going to be possible without you guys. I have coordinated with the Sergeant Major and the battalion XO, There will be trophys for 1-3 place and Best in show, as well as dash plaques for everyone who attends. We have a live band coming in, don't know their names yet, more to follow there. Registration will begin at 0930 on June 1st 2012. The show will be held at the car wash on post. I need a definite list of who is coming so I can turn it into the provost Marshall, that way there is no vehicle search. There will be plenty of burgers, hot dogs and drinks, so please bring your family with you. You can check out the cars, the Cape Henry lighthouse, the post, and the beach!

RULES:

ATTIRE:
This is a family event, please dress accordingly. ( no booty shorts, midriffs, slanderous / racist shirts, stuff like that)

NO HORSEPLAY:
Guys, I know some of you have some badass machines, feel free to rev all you want, but no racing, that sort of thing.

NO PETS: LTC doesn't want em. Sorry

THINGS TO CONSIDER:

SPREAD THE WORD The more people I can get into this thing, the better our chances are of doing it again.

BRING SNACKS AND DRINKS, it's supposed to be hot.

More details to follow, and any questions, comments, concerns, please message or drop a text. 757-282-8586
Old 05-29-2012, 05:15 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT
Default Re: Fort Story, VA Beach Car Show, June 1st

Originally Posted by YJGTO
Ok fellas, Fort Story will be hosting it's first car show on June 1st 2012. From the looks of it, this is going to be a killer show. But it's not going to be possible without you guys. I have coordinated with the Sergeant Major and the battalion XO, There will be trophys for 1-3 place and Best in show, as well as dash plaques for everyone who attends. We have a live band coming in, don't know their names yet, more to follow there. Registration will begin at 0930 on June 1st 2012. The show will be held at the car wash on post. I need a definite list of who is coming so I can turn it into the provost Marshall, that way there is no vehicle search. There will be plenty of burgers, hot dogs and drinks, so please bring your family with you. You can check out the cars, the Cape Henry lighthouse, the post, and the beach!

RULES:

ATTIRE:
This is a family event, please dress accordingly. ( no booty shorts, midriffs, slanderous / racist shirts, stuff like that)

NO HORSEPLAY:
Guys, I know some of you have some badass machines, feel free to rev all you want, but no racing, that sort of thing.

NO PETS: LTC doesn't want em. Sorry

THINGS TO CONSIDER:

SPREAD THE WORD The more people I can get into this thing, the better our chances are of doing it again.

BRING SNACKS AND DRINKS, it's supposed to be hot.

More details to follow, and any questions, comments, concerns, please message or drop a text. 757-282-8586

Is this .mil only? After 9/11, you can't just drive through Ft.Story/get on base, like in the days of old, so how is that gonna work?
Old 05-29-2012, 05:36 PM
Registered Member

Fort Story is a " Tourist" base, because of the lighthouses. If you have your DL, registration and insurance and can submit to a 2min vehicle check, you can get on.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:39 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by YJGTO
Fort Story is a " Tourist" base, because of the lighthouses. If you have your DL, registration and insurance and can submit to a 2min vehicle check, you can get on.
How many vehicles are anticipated?
Old 05-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Registered Member

Right now, im looking at about 50-75 cars
Old 05-29-2012, 05:48 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

X2 min(really more like 5min a pop), the back up at the gate alone is enough to turn most people off.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Registered Member

You have point there, I have coordinated with the provost Marshall, they know what is going on, so they can make the search a little faster.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:58 PM
Registered Member

I have gotten a lot of good responses so far. The show is tomorrow, can anyone else make it?
Old 05-31-2012, 07:35 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

I really hope you report back to us, with pictures, and details about the turnout.