Notices
Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Examples: Pistons, Mufflers, Transmission, etc.

Transmission for 95 Civic EX.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:26 PM
M0llyW0pp3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rosario11 has disabled reputation
Default Transmission for 95 Civic EX.

Let me start off by saying that I am very new to Hondas. I don't know all the terminology yet, I don't know the real difference from a b16 or b18 or b20 to a D to a K to a LS to a GSR... you get my point. Basically this guy sold me a 95 Civic EX with a 1.6L Vtec. I believe the motor says D16Z6 on the side. He initially told me he thought the wheel bearing was bad, so I've replaced both drivers and passengers (did most the work myself with a buddy and gave him some money on the side) but it's still making this nasty grinding noise. I had a friend take a quick drive in it and he thinks it's a transmission. Basically I want to buy a transmission for this car, that runs well, that isn't going to break me. People have been tossing hydraulic around and cable etc... I'm not sure what I have, but I've been told probably hydraulic. Please someone help, I really enjoy this car and I'd like to do a swap in the future, but I need to be able to commute now. I am really starting to love Hondas.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:55 AM
Registered Member

stock_ej has disabled reputation
Default Re: Transmission for 95 Civic EX.

you have a hydraulic tranny, just to let you know. you should check the clutch too..
Old 03-23-2009, 05:42 PM
M0llyW0pp3d

Rosario11 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Transmission for 95 Civic EX.

It amazes me how friendly some of you Honda owners are, I got like 20 offers today, and people offering advice on what to look for etc. I REALLY appreciate everyone helping out, I got one today for $100 and it came with an almost brand new clutch. I appreciate what you all have done for me, and I hope to meet up with some of you all soon. Thanks