Notices
Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Examples: Pistons, Mufflers, Transmission, etc.

Looking for a turbo setup for a 1992 Miata 1.6L

Old 06-13-2012, 06:27 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1992MIATAGUY has disabled reputation
Default Looking for a turbo setup for a 1992 Miata 1.6L

Name: Chris
Means of contact: PM or m109rdude@gmail.com
Price: $NEG

Description:

Hey guys, I own a 1992 Miata 1.6L that is currently stock engine wise. I want to install a turbo setup on it, but I am looking at affordable ways to put it together rather than buying, for a lot more money, a setup from say, Flying Miata or BEGI. I have priced a bran new out of the box setup to get me about 210-230 horses to the rear wheels, and I am looking at about 5-6K by the time it is over with when you factor in an all inclusive kit and the megasquirt computer for fuel management as well as a new clutch with more clamp load capacity and a tune on the dyno by someone well trained that knows what they are doing. A buddy and I did exactly that on his '94....he bought a kit from BELL ENGINEERING, aka BEGI, and it was about 6-7K. We did the install, got it running then towed it to MD to have it professionally tuned and at about 10/11psi he has about 220 horses out of his 1.8L getting to the rear wheels.

I love the end result of that project, but I do not want to spend that kind of money on a car I only paid 2700 for. I was curious if anyone out there might be able to direct me to a setup or assist in putting together a setup for a hell of a lot less money? I do all of my own mechanical work, that is no issue. I just worry about making sure that I buy something to where everything fits together correctly and isn't junk, and also, making sure the turbo, especially if used, is not junk since that is one of the most expensive components. Does anyone have any recommendations for how a budget minded person like me can get the same outcome with good reliable equipment but for a lot cheaper than paying big money for a bran new kit? Much appreciated!

Pictures:
Old 06-13-2012, 11:29 PM
Officially Official

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Looking for a turbo setup for a 1992 Miata 1.6L

www.miataturbo.net

Use the "search" feature....or you will not like out come.