Notices
Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Examples: Pistons, Mufflers, Transmission, etc.

BMW M5 motor S38B36 with trans.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
adriver has disabled reputation
Default BMW M5 motor S38B36 with trans.

So it has 128k miles at the time of the accident. It ran after just fine, but due to fluid leaks it was shut down, parted out, and has sat since. It is complete with 5 speed trans. The clutch was done about 15k ago, the engine and tranny are still attached. If you would like to check it out (23604 Fort Eustis, VA) I am here to sell this, and will not be here long. This and taking care of my e46 are the only reason I am here, and the car needs work to be sold. I am going to take a loss to get cash asap to pay some bills, and its either take a several thousand dollar loss on the car or take the loss on this engine. I would like to get $2500 for it, and I will throw in the brand new UUC short shifter kit. Once I get back from VA my e46 will be up for sale then too. I was asked and would like to add, I have and will also include the driveshaft, and 3.91 LSD. I will even include the cluster. No there is not a single thing I will sell seperately from this package. I would be willing to deliver this personally for costs depending on location. I am in VA and going back to TX. 1672 miles in 24 hours 13 minutes, (and that was $250 in gas). I am also trying to post this everywhere, so please feel free to pass this along.

As you can see this is from the accident. The trans mount broke, and the trans had dropped in the accident. As I was taking this picture the camera died. I will be getting more later.

If you are interested. Please Pm me, email me at justinflorek@hotmail.com Or for faster response 210-428-0942. The price drop is because I am trying to sell this today!
Old 05-09-2010, 06:28 AM
Registered Member

Default Re: BMW M5 motor S38B36 with trans.

Ok, this is not going as quick as it should. If I can get enough for parting out this package I will. I will just need to guarantee enough gets sold before I committ to parting out. If you have any offers or other questions, lets hear em. Prices do not include s/h Well here goes. This is a feeler. I need to know if you have paypal ready to purchase, this will not be offered long.

3.91 M5 LSD $200

m5 subframe $100

H&R rear springs and bilsteins for build 7/90 m5 with sls removed <40K miles $200.

M5 trans $800 buy the trans Ill include the short shifter

UUC NIB SSK M5 short shifter $200

eibach adjustable sways with NIB powerflex bushings front and rear $350

I may split up the motor, let me know.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:32 AM
Registered Member

Default Re: BMW M5 motor S38B36 with trans.

This is back up for sale. After regrettabley splitting up the package, back up for sale is the engine, trans, wiring harness, and after I get back to TX I will mail you the ecu. The LSD has been sold. The short shifter is not included but can be bought for $220 shipped. The driveshaft is not included. New price is $2100. I can not take deposits, IOUs, or trades. First with cash gets it. It is currently sitting on a pallet waiting to be loaded on to my truck, or if you have another shipper you prefer, I will do what I can to help. To those that called, I no longer have your number, please try again. To the 30 or so emails, those will be answered after the forums are updated.