Notices
Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Examples: Pistons, Mufflers, Transmission, etc.

B16 Long Block Bored and b series turbo kit

Old 06-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flipside1212 has disabled reputation
Default B16 Long Block Bored and b series turbo kit

Name: Phillip
Prices: see below

Ok so im going to try to state everything so you know what is up.

B16 Long block:

Ok i have a obd2 b16 long block, bored .20 over so 81.5mm. Has nippon ls pistons which is making about 8.5-1 compression on b16 rods. I blew the ring lands in cyl 3, which is making it have low compression. Motor does still run and idles fine, just blows hella smoke on idle after running it. Org owner is roger co-owner of CH, cut off b16a2 badge, due to putting it on a gsr to run a different class in racing. No mounts or harness. Here is the info from the person i purchased it from.

The engine is a rebuilt B16 that was bored .5mm over and honed by RLZ machine shop, with new LS pistons, rings and bearings, water pump, oil pump, etc. I did the assembly. It's using stock B16 rods. The head is a stock B16 head with aftermarket springs (I think they are Ferreas, but don't remember; I bought them from RLZ years ago). I had HRT machine shop check it out, do a valve job on it, resurface it, and replace the valve stem seals. It's bolted to the block with an OEM Honda gasket and a set of Golden Eagle head studs. It's got a set of GSR cams in it; these are as large as I would go without machining the LS piston valve reliefs. I used a Greddy timing belt on it;
so motor has golden eagle head studs, greddy timing belt, 81.5mm bore. ferrea springs, gsr cams.

Looking for 850 obo on the motor, will have pics and videos tomorrow.

Next is a diy turbo kit

Quote from person i got from

The turbo kit consists of:

Custom Turbo - New Garrett CHRA, Turbonetics T3 hot side, generic Chinese T4 .50 A/R cold side. I'm not sure what the wheel size is, but the compressor side is medium-large and the turbine side is medium. Yeah, that's imprecise, but I don't feel like pulling it off of there and measuring it. I'ts probably a bit large for the motor, but that's what I wanted. It spools smoothly and I can keep it out of boost if I keep the RPM's low and I want to save gas.

eBay Intercooler

Mandrel bent 2.5" aluminum charge piping, 4-ply reinforced silicone couplers with t-bolt clamps

TIAL knockoff waste gate with a 10 PSI spring. It's a fake, but these things have been proven to work well.

HKS knockoff BOV. Also a fake, but it works and sounds just like my real one.

Blox cast turbo manifold, custom 2.5" downpipe and 1" dump tube fabricated by DG Performance

RC 550s with res. box

Greddy sandwich plate adapter for -3AN turbo oil feed
willing to part out kit....

whole kit as is... 1000 obo.

B20/crv ac mount : 50 obo

This set up did 260whp on 10lbs tuned on aem fi/c and stock y8 ecu. If piston is replaced, and set up is retuned on obd1, its able to make 300+

pictures from previous owner, will have new ones tomorrow when motor is pulled as well of a video of it running.

Trades im looking for are wheels, ek parts, koni yellows or adjustable struts, buddy club spec 2 exhaust d series turbo kit.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flipside1212 has disabled reputation
Default Re: B16 Long Block Bored and b series turbo kit

Bump