Notices
Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Examples: Pistons, Mufflers, Transmission, etc.

2011-2012 Mustang GT Hellion single turbo kit

Old 07-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva
Default 2011-2012 Mustang GT Hellion single turbo kit

Name: James
Price: $4500
Contact: PM or text (to arrange a phone call) to 757-754-5535

This kit includes:
Ford Racing 47# injectors (rated 52# on 5.0 fuel pressures)
Oil scavenge pump
Front mount intercooler
All stainless steel piping
Precision Turbo 67mm turbocharger
Precision Turbo 39mm wastegate (currently with 6.9psi rated spring installed, comes with all other springs for different ratings)
K&N air filter
TurboXS bypass valve (currently set for atmospheric ventilation)
All required mounting hardware, brackets, and clamps

Simply put this kit is not what I'm looking for and Hellion claims all my gripes with the kit are an issue with my install skill/technique and/or "working as intended" design. I put this kit on with relative ease and it performed well. In the week I used it. I am still attempting to process a refund, but Hellion and American Muscle are making it extremely difficult for me to do so. As a result, I'm probably going to take a loss on this kit and just sell it.

Things to take note about this Hellion kit:
1. Exhaust plumping flows through and around the k-member. Fitment is tight so you need to be able to adjust the pipes properly to ensure clearance.
2. This kit uses an oil scavenger pump. The pump comes with an electrical harness that provides a warning LED should the pump ever fail.
3. The turbo downpipe will rub the tire on hard right turns. Hellion claims this was an install issue by me and can be avoided, which I don't feel is true. I feel obligated to let you know both sides though.
4. Heat tape will be needed for this kit as it was used by me (I can attempt to get you some though if it's a pressing issue). You'll need approximately 4 feet of it for some of the electrical harnesses close to the turbo and the piping on the driver's side k-member area.
5. This system uses slip fits for the turbo kit to make it easy for the install to be adjusted to ensure clearance with the pipes. The slip fits are sealed with a single band torque clamp. I experienced some exhaust leaks (especially between downpipe 2 and 3). They were not devastating, but enough to annoy me (I'm pretty picky). Hellion claims this was an install issue by me. I tried to address these leaks which little success. A preformed band clamp would likely seal better. Once again, I feel compelled to tell you this regardless of what the real reason the exhaust may be occurring because I am an honest person. I did not experience any exhaust leaks on any machined surfaces (such as the driver's and passenger's side pipes running from the headers, the turbo exhaust inlet, wastegate inlet and outler, and the v-band as well.
6. One of the slip fittings are in real tight in another pipe and I removed it with them intact. They are in very tight and won't remove from each other. I'm sure I coudl get them out if I heated them with a torch, but it can be installed without removing them.
7. This kit does NOT include a handheld tuner. You will need to provide your own and you can retrieve a base tune from Motiva Motorsports. You'll likely want to still get dyno tuned. Visit http://motivaperformance.com/ for more info.

Some of the install work has already been completed such as fitting assemblies on the scavange pump, clocking of the turbocharger, oil lines and vaccuum lines fitted/cut to proper lengths. All the mounting hardware is boxed up together. It is NOT labeled so you need to be intelligent enough to be able to recognize the difference between metric and standard and the proper size bolts/nuts.

I will offer any experience and knowledge from the install to the buyer.

This kit currently retails for $6300. Hellion puts the handheld tuner at a value of $300 which is not included so that would put the retail worth of this kit at $6000. When this kit was on, the power was impressive and the car started up the first time great. Perfect idle.

I am currently selling this kit AS IS for $4500. My loss, your gain.

Go to http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...e-Install-Dyno for pictures of the kit and more info. Feel free to contact me via PM or text. Please text before calling as I may be unable to answer.

I also have a RAM twin disc clutch 9.5" with aluminum flywheel. This is brand new in the box and uninstalled. I can offer this with the kit for $800 which is a killer deal. It's capable of supporting up for 750 pounds of torque, and trust me, you'll need it with this kit if you're going to be getting on it hard.

Here's some pictures of the kit when it was brand new, it is now obviously used and is sitting boxed up in the bxoes it came in now:

Last edited by Qwiksillva; 07-11-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Registered Member

Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva
Default Re: 2011-2012 Mustang GT Hellion single turbo kit

Bump. Feel free to contact me should you have any questions about this kit. It is a perfectly working kit but has some minor exhaust leaks (despite the fact that I didn't like them) to resolve and some extra heat tape for wiring will be needed for the install.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:54 AM
Registered Member

Bump, still here.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Registered Member

Still here and willing to ship it for free for any VA/MD/DE/NC people.