Notices
Domestic Vehicles from N. American, Mexican(?) manufacturers go here.

Procharged fuel injectred 302 1985 mercury capri

Old 09-15-2010, 07:50 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crznx2000 has disabled reputation
Default Procharged fuel injectred 302 1985 mercury capri

richard
pm me on this forum please.....i dont want phone calls right now. serious buyers will get my number.
in the richmond area, delivery available.
asking price is 6500

I was bit by the foxbody bug a 6 months ago.....after hunting around for a suitable chassis to do a 2.3 turbo swap in, i came across this CLEAN capri. To make a long story short, i couldnt find a clean shell, so i figured id buy a running car, and make a few modifications here and there. Once a realized the 302 in the capri was as healthy as could be i figured id just stick with the v8 and scratch my turbo 4 cyl plans. Theres more to the story, but things have progressed to what i think are decent levels. Im not trying to sell this car for any other reason than im cursed with A.D.D. and have a few other cars/trucks that id like to get into. So im selling this for the RIGHT price, along with a few of my other vehicles (got way to many). Just no need for 2 forced induction cars in my life. The pictures below are PROGRESS pics, things like the loose lower dust shield, unbolted powersteering cooler, ext are being adressed. Capri rear end has been converted to a early 90s red hatch and rear bumper, 93 gt white wing and lx taillights. Looks MUCH better than the hideous capri rear end. anyways.....im longwinded, i apologize.

1985 mercury capri (sexy fender flares from factory, and a better front end than the 4 eye mustangs in my opinion.
-chassis has 118000 original miles, no body flexing, rust, never been hit according to carfax.....and the all original matching faded paint supports that. chassis is excellent by my import standards, and this is a domestic that is notorious for rust.
-very clean red and black interior. reds not everybodys favorite i know, but its all there in excellent shape.
-fiberglass cowl hood
-car has been converted to 93 spec fuel injection. was a carb from factory i believe.
-"cobra" reproduction valve covers
-93 cobra intake manifold
-mac shorty headers
-bbk exaust, magnaflow mufflers and brand new chrome tips.....very clean, very sexy.
-new water pump, timing chain, gaskets, ext.....went through the motor before adding the procharger.....car ran like a champ(for a stock 302).
-SOME aftermarket cam of some sort. not sure the specs, but theres definatley a nice lope to the idle. previous owner said hed installed a cam, i didnt check, and i cant remember what he said it was.....but there you go, thats what i know. lol.
-solid motor mounts. MUCH better with them. rattles are minimal, hardly noticable.
-ps-1c (im dislexic so if i got the numbers mixed up sorry) procharger kit. all piping, blow off valve, intercooler, and supercharger are a complete bolt on kit, retains factory ac. this is a 4000 dollar kit new. headunit was rebuilt 500 miles ago.
bigger maf housing....not sure what size, but its much bigger than factory
-matrix lowering springs.
-cobra knock off wheels. i know they are not going to be favored by many people, BUT theyre 10 inches in the back, 9 in the front. not so much for the looks, i need them for putting the power to the ground.
-alpine head unit
-hurst shifter
-steel blw proof bell housing
-t5 5 speed with straight cut gears
-competition clutch

Im sure theres a bunch of other crap ive forgot to mention.....any interested partys will know the questions to ask, or will do the common sense move and visit the car in person. KEEP IN MIND this is a 26 year old car. Its not visually perfect, but its STRAIGHT. She could use paint.....the clear coat is DONE. Wash it with degreaser and your good.....otherwise your greasy paw prints stay behind on the paint. Mechanically it runs great, has PERFECT compression, makes no weird noises, you can drive it home if you choose. just dont hit boost, i still need to get it tuned, im waiting on my ford motorsports 42 pound hr injectors. The price INCLUDES the injectors, a walbro fuel pump, installed and tuned, we can negotiate around the price in its current untuned condition. It will be tuned and dynoed within the next 3 weeks based on when i have the free time from work. Most setups like this make an easy 425+ with conservative tuning. Im putting it out there now to see if theres anyone interested, before i go making more modifications, and having it painted. Please dont bullshit me, insult my car, my price, ext. Im a very resonable person, trades may be accepted, but cash is preferred. Just to throw it out there, we had this procharger on a bone stock 302 in a 91 mustang coupe.....it ran 11.80s, spinning halfway down the track.

(That pics was taken before i had lowered the car....and im having bfg radials put on the back, so i had to put it on pony rims. i have all 4 matched 17s.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r108/crznx2000/8-1.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by crznx2000; 09-15-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:04 AM
Registered Member

Default Re: Procharged fuel injectred 302 1985 mercury capri

Old 09-15-2010, 08:57 AM
Registered Member

johnmmjr89 has disabled reputation

I love this thing im interested
Old 09-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

trade for a R1?
Old 09-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Registered Member

ive had some interesting trade offers......anybody? price is flexable. i also have videos of itrunning, i justneed to figure out how to upload them.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Registered Member

price drop for quick sale...make offers.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:22 PM
owner

rotaryconcepts has disabled reputation

Trade check thread