Notices
Domestic Vehicles from N. American, Mexican(?) manufacturers go here.

FS: 1997 Ford Mustang GT 5 Spd

Old 04-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bman has disabled reputation
Default FS: 1997 Ford Mustang GT 5 Spd

Name: Bryan
Contact: (540)845-2755 (Cell) OR bryanclindner@gmail.com (Email)
Make: Ford
Model: Mustang GT
Color: Red
Engine: 4.6L V8
Transmission: Manual
Mods: Pro 5.0 Short Shifter | Flowmaster 40-series Mufflers | BBK O/R X-Pipe | 17" Bullitt Wheels (Not stock take-offs). | S281 Spoiler | 1" Wheel Spacers in the rear | Mustang GT Floor Mats
Audio/Alarm: Pioneer headunit with remote | Aftermarket starter disable with alarm
Miles: 120k
Description: This car has been my daily driver for about 8k miles. It pulls hard everyday and has been extremely reliable. Including previous owners (I am the third), the car has always run 93-octane SINCE MILE 0. The previous owner performed a tune up and replaced the brakes as well as new headlights and the front right strut as well. His wife hit a deer and dented the fender/cracked the header panel. I drive it like that to this day. Pictures of damage are included and included with the sale will be a brand new undented replacement fender as well as the stock 17" GT wheels that came stock with the vehicle. When I got the car, all maintenance was performed (Oil, oil filter, full detail inside and out including the engine, BG44k, the whole 9 yards). I've changed the oil right at 3k each time with Motorcraft 5W-20 oil. Power windows, locks, and mirrors. No cruise control, no fog lights.

UPDATE: Now has brand new spark plugs/wires and the coolant has been flushed/cleaned. Just changed the oil with a penzoil synthetic 5W-20 .

Reason for selling: I have decided that I'm going to take my schooling abroad next year and need to optimize my savings as I'm paying for my schooling myself. As most of us here selling sweet cars, I don't want to let it go. The level of detail I put into maintaining any vehicle I own is that of a car fanatic. The interior is immaculate. I've never smoked in the car.

Price: The KBB Price is:
Excellent $4,905
Good $4,420
Fair $3,835
Those prices are obviously for a stock mustang. The wheels are BRAND NEW with 1k miles on them and the tires have 7k miles on them. They are 235/55 R17 Nexen's.

MY ASKING PRICE IS LOWERED TO $4,700.

This includes the new fender to replace the damaged one with as well as the stock 17" GT wheels.
Read this entire thread and view the pictures so my price is justified.

Pictures:

The quote I got from Downtown Garage for a full repair with my fender, them purchasing a header panel as well as full paint match came right to $1,000. I'm sure there are plenty of places that could do better OR you could do it yourself. As for the O/R X-Pipe; I still have the stock H-pipe. You will get that with the sale as well as the stock 17" GT wheels.

Last edited by Bman; 06-02-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Registered Member

Default Re: FS: 1997 Ford Mustang GT 5 Spd

More Pictures:

Old 04-03-2008, 01:35 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

What size tires are those?
Old 04-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

235/55 R17 - Good Question.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Registered Member

lawabidn can only hope to improve

Judging by the seats (6 cyl seats) the aftermarket spoiler (prob didnt come with one) and no cruise, I'd say thats a GT-S model with a basic power package (power windows locks and rear defrost). Maybe another mustang nerd could shed some light...

GL with the sale btw
Old 04-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by lawabidn
Judging by the seats (6 cyl seats) the aftermarket spoiler (prob didnt come with one) and no cruise, I'd say thats a GT-S model with a basic power package (power windows locks and rear defrost). Maybe another mustang nerd could shed some light...

GL with the sale btw
Yeah it didn't appear to have come with a spoiler and from what you've said I did a bit of google'ing and read up on Mustang GT-S's. The mustang GT-S was discontinued in 96', however it was replaced with the 248A package. It has the same idea as the GT-S package. It's like a really basic GT. Thanks for that. I'll post on the SN95 forums and see what they have to say about this.

Thanks again lawabidn.

~Bryan

EDIT: From the SN95 Forum: "Well a 248a has no fog lights, nothing power except mirrors, base model speakers and tape player so I think that's out of the question. And it's rio red."

Mine has no fogs, it has power mirrors, windows, locks, and no tape player.

Last edited by Bman; 04-03-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Registered Member

Reikat has disabled reputation

super clean car for the most part... wondering if you still had it... couple quick questions too...

Can the parking light be readjusted after the fender goes on or is the bracket broken?

Also, Where are you located? 540 area code is pretty big...
Old 04-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Reikat
super clean car for the most part... wondering if you still had it... couple quick questions too...

Can the parking light be readjusted after the fender goes on or is the bracket broken?

Also, Where are you located? 540 area code is pretty big...
Yes sir, I still have it. The header panel (which is one large piece that holds the lights) is cracked on that side and thus for an ideal fit one would replace the header panel. They are $75 on any OEM ford part website. I'm located in Spotsylvania/Fredericksburg, Virginia. If you'd like to schedule a time to come check it out, feel free to shoot me an email. Thanks for your interest and compliments!

~Bryan
Old 04-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Registered Member

Bump. One person in line at the moment. He's coming up this week to check it out. Any questions feel free to email me!
Old 04-08-2008, 06:06 AM
Registered Member

Up.

Quick Reply: FS: 1997 Ford Mustang GT 5 Spd