Notices
Domestic Vehicles from N. American, Mexican(?) manufacturers go here.

98 Blazer LS 4x4

Old 06-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vtpunk14 has disabled reputation
Default 98 Blazer LS 4x4

* Name: Adam (or Kelly, this is my girlfriend's vehicle)
* Means on contact: PM or this thread
* Trades: Fullsize Pickup with extended-cab (2WD fine or 4WD better)
* Price: $3,000 OBO

* Description: We're selling my girlfriend's Blazer. Its a 4.3 Liter V6, Automatic with push-button selection for 2/4H/4L. Electronic transfer case is fully functional, and 4WD has been used appropriately and sparingly. It has power everything (PS/ABS/PW and sunroof/driver's seat controls/locks with 2 remotes and alarm/mirrors/cruise). It's 4 door, with privacy glass in the back half and untinted windows in the front. Tires (on original factory alloy wheels) are a couple years old, but still have good tread. Factory in-dash 1disk CD/cassette player with original 6 factory speakers. Mostly driven around town, but has reliably made many trips between Blacksburg and New Jersey.

*The Bad:
-The front suspension squeaks a lot. It definitely needs new bushings, I just don't have the time/$ to do it right now. The swaybar link on the driver's side is slightly bent, but holding on just fine.
-It currently has no inspection sticker (fine for the moment b/c it's still registered in NJ). just needs brake pads to pass inspection.
-The passenger-side mirror was headbutted by her horse. The mirror and housing are still in excellent condition, it just no longer folds. I removed it and permanently affixed it at the folding point with 3 screws and BFG 2-part epoxy. It's been on there solid with absolutely no problems for almost 2 years. Power mirror still functions perfectly.
-It has a couple small dents on the driver-side doors. One has chipped paint and a tiny rust spot.
-AC is all present, but not currently blowing cold air. I think it just needs to be recharged.
-Rear wiper is hit-or-miss sometimes it works fine, sometimes you turn it on and nothing happens. Haven't gotten around to taking the plastic off the back door and investigating.
-Front lower turn signal on driverside holds water.

Please contact me if you're interested.
* Details:
o Mileage: 134,xxx and climbing (daily driven)
o Exterior Condition: 7/10 couple small dents, couple cracked plastics, paint is in good condition overall. all in all good, but not pristine
o Interior Condition: 8/10 non-smoker, no rips or tears. handle to adjust recline of driver's seat is broken off (have handle), but easily fixed
o Modifications: TAP towing system for electronic trailer brakes (7-point and 4-point hookups) with Reese under-bumper hitch. Also, I believe the alarm/remote locks were installed aftermarket, but were present when she purchased it from a dealer in NJ.
o Service: No records, but all work and regular services since she's owned it have been performed by myself or her father. New radiator/oil-cooler/tranny-cooler (it's all one unit) as well as all fluids replaced by me last fall.

* Pictures:

more pics here: http://rides.webshots.com/album/577986942lRBfJS
Please PM me for more information or pics
Old 06-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Registered Member

vtpunk14 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 98 Blazer LS 4x4

TTT
Old 07-05-2010, 05:18 AM
Registered Member