Notices
Domestic Vehicles from N. American, Mexican(?) manufacturers go here.

98 BLACK JEEP WRANGLER 9 1/2" LIFT, 37" MICKEY THOMPSON, NICEST JEEP AROUND, TRADE!

Old 11-18-2010, 11:02 AM
03 evo 8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98
Default 98 BLACK JEEP WRANGLER 9 1/2" LIFT, 37" MICKEY THOMPSON, NICEST JEEP AROUND, TRADE!

SOLD!!!!!... 3 weeks ago

Im looking what else is out there or just to sell it straight out. This is IMO one of the nicest overall jeeps i've ever seen. Theres no redneck beat up mud bogged junk here, everything is done right with no shortcuts. This is my daily driver and has never let me down. reliable and and parts are very cheap for jeeps if anything ever does go wrong. If taken care or the right way(like this one has been) they will last well over 300,000 miles. Although i have always wanted to take it on the trail i never have...thats right NO TRAIL TIME. Just rolling over curbs and medians like every jeep owner is guilty of hahaha. so nothing is beat up or falling apart. I am in no rush to sell this nor do i have to. im simply just looking at whats out there. If i had an ideal car trade it would be a ls1 rx7 but im really up for anything. no hondas! if i had to sell her outright i would start at 15k. There is a LOT of time and money invested in this jeep and 15k wouldnt come close to building one like this. You WILL turn heads EVERYTHERE you go. I have never had anywhere colse to as much attention in another car as i get in this thing. people stop and talk to me everywhere how they have/had one, how nice it is, and how the hell i get in it haha Theres nothing like a nice big jeep with the top off in the summer. on to the specs/mods!!!
you can text or call anytime if you like and would be the fastest way to get me.
540-314-4653

97 Black jeep wrangler
Inline 6 just turned over 100,000miles
5 speed
rare optional dana 44 rear end(only came in 97)
ac
power steering
hard top(comes off of course)
full doors(but comes with steel tube doors also)
all cv and ball joints replaced
fresh oil tranny front and rear end
new cap, rotor, plugs and wires
all maintance within 5,000 miles

mods:
teraflex 5" shortarm lift
2 1/2" coil stacers
2" body lift
Dick cepek 6 lug 16" rims
Mickey Thompson mtz baha 36' 15.50s
wheel spacers to widen the stance
steering stabilizers
custom front bumper
5 offroad lights
completely undercoated frame and suspension components
extended shifter and transfer case linkages
transfer case/transmission lowering kit
steel tube doors
New black indoor/outdoor carpet
Extra bars welded in roll cage
4 rough country hand grips(on roll cage)
2 new "racing style" scat bucket seats not installed
chrome grill inserts
complete stereo system
1 rockford fosgate p3s in rockford slim box
1 rockford fosgate 300 watt amp
1 sound bar
2 sound pods (above your head)
all speakers are mb quarts (4 over your head and 2 in dash)
kenwood cd/mp3 player with ipod hookup
5th dick depek rim(no tire just wheel)
stock 5 wheel carrier is included but will not hold the weight of this wheel/tire combo
brushed aluminum gas cap
6" bushwacker fender flares
custom welded rock rails
10k lb winch
if asking price is met of car traded is worth it ill throw in a electric wench setup for taking off the hard top by yourself. you will love this as getting the top off is almost impossible without two people. just pics now with top and full doors on for now but will get some soon with top off and tube doors on. i can text pics with the top off and tube doors on if you like as there on my phone.

Last edited by brianeclipse98; 12-23-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake
Default Re: 98 BLACK JEEP WRANGLER 9 1/2" LIFT, 37" MICKEY THOMPSON, NICEST JEEP AROUND, TRAD

stock gears?
Old 11-19-2010, 02:46 AM
Registered Member

countryboy17 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 98 BLACK JEEP WRANGLER 9 1/2" LIFT, 37" MICKEY THOMPSON, NICEST JEEP AROUND, TRAD

very interested!!!!pm me back
Old 11-19-2010, 06:17 AM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

Vouch for seller, great stand up guy. This jeep is clean and turns heads like crazy, must see in person!
Old 11-19-2010, 07:21 AM
03 evo 8

brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98

Thanks man! deff a head turner!
Old 11-19-2010, 07:44 AM
03 evo 8

getting a lot of people asking what im looking for in trade, really anything,,lexus, nissan, evo, subi, bikes, benz, bmw, or any of these plus cash to bring the value up...if the deal is good enough i can add cash. im up for anything. just let me know what you have. or 15k OBO. worst i can say is no thanks.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:48 AM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

gears???
Old 11-19-2010, 12:29 PM
03 evo 8

Oh yeah sry. Stock gears. The bigger stock gears that came in 97 as an option. 3.55s
Old 11-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

so hows fifth gear uphill on the highway even with the 3.55 on 37s? cuz my last 97 tj supposedly had the 3.55 and i still had absolutely no 5th unless going downhill...on 33s. and also wanna know how the tcase drop mount is workin for you with that much lift and no SYE, are the u joints holding up alright? and i was always told on the jeep forums spring spacers are hella dangerous and a big time wheeling nono. have you ever disconnected the sway bar links and flexed out the front and rear to see if they dont shoot a spring out? or is it a mall crawler?

Originally Posted by brianeclipse98
If taken care or the right way(like this one has been) they will last well over 300,000 miles. Although i have always wanted to take it on the trail i never have...thats right NO TRAIL TIME. Just rolling over curbs and medians like every jeep owner is guilty of hahaha. so nothing is beat up or falling apart. I am in no rush to sell this nor do i have to.

nvm youve never flexed the axles or been in a situation for the spring spacers to fail on you yet.
since when are jeep parts cheap?

still someone how i like it given a few changes here n there and sure that someone will fall in love with this thing eventually and take it off ur hands. but before that happens im obligated to tell you that you are missing out on the whole awsomeness that is owning a wrangler the longer you go without experiencing a ride in the mountains....none of tht redneck mudbog bullshit thats not what jeeps are for

Last edited by Hooch; 11-19-2010 at 01:22 PM. Reason: SYE not SYr
Old 11-19-2010, 01:23 PM
03 evo 8

There is no issue at all on the highway in 5th gear.If i do need some help i just go into 4th. This is no speed demon by anymeans. i rarely get into 5th because i just buzz around town. Basically a mall crawler. If i wanted to go wheeling i would have bought a beat up jeep for cheap. u joints and all drivetrain parts are fine and never had any issues with them. It wouldnt take much if thats what you wanted to do though...gears,sye,long arm perhaps. and no sye seems to be working just fine. It was in the plans to but one in but just never got around to it.

Quick Reply: 98 BLACK JEEP WRANGLER 9 1/2" LIFT, 37" MICKEY THOMPSON, NICEST JEEP AROUND, TRADE!