Notices
Domestic Vehicles from N. American, Mexican(?) manufacturers go here.

96 Corvette Collectors Edition 850hp with LOTS of mods

Old 10-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sonny_0000000 is infamous around these partssonny_0000000 is infamous around these partssonny_0000000 is infamous around these partssonny_0000000 is infamous around these partssonny_0000000 is infamous around these partssonny_0000000 is infamous around these partssonny_0000000 is infamous around these partssonny_0000000 is infamous around these partssonny_0000000 is infamous around these partssonny_0000000 is infamous around these partssonny_0000000 is infamous around these parts
Default 96 Corvette Collectors Edition 850hp with LOTS of mods

Name: Sonny
Means of contact: Phone
Price: $16500

Description: Hey Guys,

I'm selling my 96 CE that I've done a ton of mods too. It has set 8 land speed records and I used it to win Hot Rod Magazine's Top Speed Challenge. It's done 197.5mph in the standing mile (videos on YouTube).

Motor was just completely rebuilt about 1 month ago, and has not been raced after the rebuild.

409ci, Comp Cams 254/260@112 solid roller (.660 @1.7, .621 @1.6), Jesel 1.7/1.6 shaft mount rockers, 12:1 JE pistons, JE 4340 5.850" rods, Cola 4340 4" crank, AFR 220 LT4 comp. heads 64cc, Meziere electric water pump, SVO 42# injectors (just cleaned), Holley 58mm tb, SPEC stage 3 clutch (also just rebuilt), 11# leight weight aluminum flywheel, Jet Hot 1 3/4" s.s. headers, 3" s.s. exhaust & x-pipe, 3" Borlas, electronic butterfly cutouts in the exhaust, 30mm f & 26mm r sway bars, 2qt. electric Accusump, line lock, Kirkey alum. seats, Corbeau 5 point racing harnesses, QA1 coil-overs, VB&P rotors, halon fire control system, currently set up with a 300 shot in the wet kit but also have the jets for 175 and a few others, parachute (removed at the moment, but that's so I that I could put plates on and drive it on the street), full 10 point cage, master power switch under the license plate, Kevlar blanket around the tranny, Drive shaft loop, battery mounted in the rear passenger storage compartment. Deltech coil per cylinder set up, with MSD LS motor style coils. Probably some other stuff I've forgotten.

Currently making about 460RWHP without the NOS, but should be able to make more with some more tuning. That's about 550hp or more at the flywheel, assuming a 15-18% parasitic drivertrain loss. Ed Hutchings is working on tuning it. With the 300 shot of NOS, it should be making above 800hp.

The car has no carpet in the rear, but I have almost everything I've ever removed from the car, and it could all go back in with a little work. I have the factory grey CE seats, the seat belts, etc. The Bose still works, and the AC blows cold. The odometer says 86000 or so.

I have a huge pile of receipts I will give to the buyer, and I've spent between $60k-100k on the car. Stopped counting at some point.

More answers to questions I have already gotten. Maybe these will help anybody else that is interested.

what intake? LT4 ported and polished

LT4 motor? It was an LT4, but the intake is about the only thing left that is still LT4. The block was originally a 2bolt with the intention that I could make it a 4 bolt splayed mains, which is what it is now.

stock computer? yes, and is OBD2, so I didn't do an upgrade to an LS computer, because I wanted to be able to use the factory gauges and the factory dash. I also have LT1edit and Autotap that I can transfer with the car so you can do data logging and programming.

still have the traction control? it's there, but i did have a default to "off" switch put in, but now it is just disconnected.

where are the attachment points for the cage? behind the seats, half way through the back compartment, and up under the dash. You'll see some of it when I actually take some pics. It's all to the frame, as it should be. It's solid. You can jack the car from one point on each side, and the whole side of the car goes up with basically no flexing.

what brakes? factory calipers (which were 13" front from the factory). Pads are Hawk HPS all the way around.

have you weighed it? no. I could guess, but I probably shouldn’t.

what spring rates? they are 400 front and 350 in the rear.

any other suspension work? Coilovers mounted with the attachment points modified in the front so that they would be "through bolts" at the top rather than the factory top "strut" mount. QA1 recommended that because of the wear and pressure with any kind of racing or real use that would result in the bushings getting worn too quickly with the strut mounts. sway bars have been powder coated red.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...desktoppic.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...96%20Corvette/

links to my in-car youtube videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7rSF-HFTEo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_0xDygXowg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u-W-YH0dG4

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4s-...e-racecar.html

Last edited by sonny_0000000; 10-05-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Registered Member

kdawg kdawg kdawg kdawg kdawg kdawg kdawg kdawg kdawg kdawg kdawg
Default Re: 96 Corvette Collectors Edition 850hp with LOTS of mods

Hands down that is the fastest car on here by far! I drive an LT1 z28 M6 and I could only wish mine was half that LOL! Anyways beautiful car and one hell of a build GLWS!
Old 10-06-2011, 05:05 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by kdawg
Hands down that is the fastest car on here by far! I drive an LT1 z28 M6 and I could only wish mine was half that LOL! Anyways beautiful car and one hell of a build GLWS!
fastest car on here by far???..no wonder your red
Old 10-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Inglip 2012

WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner

Bump4U.

I <3 C4 CE's, especially when they can change the earth's rotation. Want.