Notices
Domestic Vehicles from N. American, Mexican(?) manufacturers go here.

1999 SVT Cobra

Old 07-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andeusmc has disabled reputation
Default 1999 SVT Cobra

Name: Steven Anderson
Means of contact: Email andeusmc03@gmail.com
Price: $9000 Or Best Offer (NO TRADES/LOWBALLS)

Description:
Hey ladies and gents. I'm an active duty Marine currently deployed right now and I'm looking to purchase an 03 DSG Cobra when I return. Unfortunately I need to sell my 1999 SVT Cobra now. I'm located in Jacksonville, NC, but my dad currently has the car up in Martinsburg, WV. I'm from Winchester, VA myself, so I'd figure I'd post this here, I'd be happy to tell him to meet with anyone interested if it's not too far.

The car currently has 106,XXX on the body, and about 32,XXX on a Certified Ford Rebuilt Motor (Installed by Sanders Ford in Jacksonville, NC). The previous motor had 82,XXX on it and it burned up a crankshaft bearing. I have done all of my maintenance through them and the wife will be getting the paperwork for the rebuild (soaked the original in oil) here in a few weeks.

I still owe on the car currently, so the bank has the title.

The Good:
Complete aftermarket exhaust (BBK Longtube Ceramic Headers/Hi-Flow Catted H-Pipe/Straight Pipes to finish)
Hurst Pro-Comp Short Throw
C&L Intake
Ford FRPP 3.73 Gears
SCT Tuner
Ford Certified Rebuilt longblock
17X9(F)17x10.5(R) FR500 Replica Rims
Eibach Pro lowering springs

The Bad(Pictures of all of this):
The front bumper has some clearcoat peeling and small damage on it.
Both doors have scratches and have been covered in what looks like repair paint by the previous owner
Rear bumper has some weird, almost melted patch on it.
Throwout bearing for the clutch seems to have gone bad, rattles around 2k when she is cold but stops after about 5 minutes, or when she warms up.
Tear in driver seat (Will get pictures up soon of it)
Car has the original wing taken off, and has black hole plugs currently in the holes (Sit even with the surface of the trunk)

Now, the big one. My dad was run off of the road by a semi that clipped the passenger side door, ripping off the louver and damaging the door. He was able to get a quote from a local shop for about 1200 to fix it all. They said the door is fine and can be fixed and painted easily, just needs a new louver.

Pictures:

The Good Stuff

I tested some super low springs for about two weeks on her, but ended up bringing her back to the Eibach's in the front, these two shots are with those springs in.

This is how the front end sits now.

The rare amber tailights (For you Mustang guys) that were only seen in the 99/01 Cobra's.

The Bad Stuff
Clearcoat off of the front bumper.

The damage to the front bumper, I think this happened on my way back from VA

The paint missing from the lower left side of the front bumper.

The weird, almost melted looking patch on the rear bumper.

More clearcoat peel on the left side of the bumper underneath the headlight.

Same area of clearcoat peel on the bumper, the biggest area.

The worst part about it all, I hated seeing this.

Bottom line: The car runs strong, and she cleans up extremely well, despite how she looks on the outside. The car still manages to turn heads as the exhaust is LOUD, and my dad constantly tells me about how people are always asking him "Whats in it?" or "Is that a real Cobra?"

Guys, feel free to email me at the email posted above, I'm usually on daily and I will answer any questions you all have. I'm not trying to hide anything at all so ask away and I'll tell you all.

Thanks guys,
Steven
Old 07-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Registered member

Clarke240 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 1999 SVT Cobra

Have seen this car multiple times in person, before and after the accident. The damage looks SOOO much worse in these pictures. Lol, not even sure why you posted it like that! But huge bump to a very honest seller. Car is fast as hell, the new owner will be very pleased. Good luck Steven!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Registered Member

andeusmc has disabled reputation
Default Re: 1999 SVT Cobra

Thanks man, I appreciate the bump and the good words!