Notices
Domestic Vehicles from N. American, Mexican(?) manufacturers go here.

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport - 4.0L, 5-speed... possibly a 2005 Kawasaki 636 too.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:58 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default 1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport - 4.0L, 5-speed... possibly a 2005 Kawasaki 636 too.

I'm spending a lot more time on the road than I had planned to when I bought my Jeep, and although I absolutely love owning it, I'm starting to look around for things more practical for my needs. If someone does buy or trade, I'll be in the market for another down the road when I can afford to buy another as a weekend warrior.

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 4.0L 6-cylinder, 5-speed... about 145k miles.

-Bestop Replace-A-Top replacement skin
-Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993 headunit with bluetooth, and bluetooth mic mounted on steering column. USB cable and aux cable routed into glovebox to be out of the way.
-Kicker 6.5" speakers in soundbar
-Alpine Type-S 4x6's in dash
-Herculined tub (roll on bedliner)
-33x15x12.50's - black Pacer steel wheels, BFG A/T tires.
-A to Z Fabrication full steel front bumper
-A to Z Fabrication full steel rear bumper
-A to Z Fabrication rocker sliders/nerf bars
-Black grill and headlight rings
-Poweraid throttle body spacer
-Flowmaster exhaust
-2" or 3" spacer/suspension lift.. To be honest I'm not sure if it's 2 or 3"
-K&N panel filter
-Mirror relocators--mirrors mounted to windshield hinge so doors can be removed and you still have mirrors.
-Neoprene seat covers which have been removed, but will be included. The interior is in great shape but each front seat does have a small rip in the lower side bolster. I've only seen a few Wrangler's that didn't have that issue.. lol
-Full steel doors

I had an issue with a spider gear in the rear differential recently and it was more cost effective to replace the entire rear end through a guy in the Jeep club than it would have been to repair the gears. It has a new (used) D35 rear axle with the stock 3.07 gears to match the 3.07's in the D30 front.

That's all I can think of at the moment. The Jeep has been great but it does have 3.07 gears with 33's and I drive mountains every day which could be more fun if I had a better gear ratio. Re-gearing is out of my budget and out of the question.. so is swapping to smaller tires. I want to keep it, but I'm not so attached to it to the point where I wouldn't consider a vehicle that was more highway friendly for all the driving I'm going to be doing over the next 6 months or so.

Issues:

I was a designated driver one night and had the top down in the Jeep... A friend was climbing out of the back and managed to step on the soft top frame, causing the left rear to sag a little bit. It's a minor issue, and a new frame can be found for anywhere between $50-150, but it is something worth mentioning.

There is a large crack in the passenger side of the windshield. I was going to replace it, but it's able to pass inspection as it is because the crack is on the passenger side. It's pretty common since the windshield is so flat on a Wrangler.

Another common issue... the transmission mount is damaged which causes a slight shake of the shifter leaving from an idle. I'm hoping to take care of that this weekend, but it's more annoying than anything.

That's all I can think of at the moment. It's an eleven year old Jeep, but it's a blast to drive. If you have something I might be interested in, I'm willing to consider anything. I'm not entertaining ridiculous offers though, so please spare me the time of looking at your junk car. Also, don't bother replying if all you're going to say is "check thread." If you want this Jeep, put some miniscule amount of effort into it, or you will be ignored.

I'm asking $7250. Would consider including my 2005 Kawasaki 636 (pictures are in a previous classified thread) as well to sweeten the deal if you have something worth considerably more than what I'm asking for my Jeep. This thing is going to be a beast in the winter! I'll try to get more pictures up in the next couple days if there's a demand.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Suzuki Fanboi

OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy
Default Re: 1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport - 4.0L, 5-speed... possibly a 2005 Kawasaki 636 too.

Nice looking Jeep man! Hate to see someone getting rid of a wheeler for something "more practical". Looks to have been on the way to a pretty good build.

Understood though and good luck with your sale VT!
Old 10-01-2010, 11:22 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: 1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport - 4.0L, 5-speed... possibly a 2005 Kawasaki 636 too.

Originally Posted by OverEasy
Nice looking Jeep man! Hate to see someone getting rid of a wheeler for something "more practical". Looks to have been on the way to a pretty good build.

Understood though and good luck with your sale VT!
In all likelyhood, I doubt I'll get rid of it. I've always wanted a Wrangler. I'm sure you know what Jeep stands for though...

If I don't sell or trade it, hopefully it'll have an 8.8 rear with at least 4.56's. I really like the 33's and I think they're the perfect size for the street, but my impractical side would also love to do 1 ton and stretched with 40's or so. LOL! We'll see how things play out. I'm just trying to get back on my feet first.

Thanks for the kind words
Old 10-01-2010, 11:39 PM
PUSSIES GIVE RED :)

Evoluvin is infamous around these partsEvoluvin is infamous around these partsEvoluvin is infamous around these partsEvoluvin is infamous around these partsEvoluvin is infamous around these partsEvoluvin is infamous around these partsEvoluvin is infamous around these partsEvoluvin is infamous around these partsEvoluvin is infamous around these partsEvoluvin is infamous around these partsEvoluvin is infamous around these parts

What are you looking for that is more "practical"?
Old 10-02-2010, 08:53 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by Evoluvin
What are you looking for that is more "practical"?
I'm really not sure. I haven't put a lot of thought into anything specifically. I wouldn't mind having a Grand Cherokee, for instance. I really like the way it only takes wheels, tires, and suspension to go between classy and sporty. I'm really not looking for anything specific. Gas mileage, comfort, and seating are probably top priority but I guess I wouldn't turn down a good offer if it didn't meet that criteria.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Suzuki Fanboi

OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
In all likelyhood, I doubt I'll get rid of it. I've always wanted a Wrangler. I'm sure you know what Jeep stands for though...

If I don't sell or trade it, hopefully it'll have an 8.8 rear with at least 4.56's. I really like the 33's and I think they're the perfect size for the street, but my impractical side would also love to do 1 ton and stretched with 40's or so. LOL! We'll see how things play out. I'm just trying to get back on my feet first.

Thanks for the kind words
Just Empty Every Pocket. Ya, I know all to well about those letters. If thats what you were implying. LOL! Thought about selling it for a Cherokee? Good commuter and you can wheel them to! Just an idea. I'm (re)building my Samurai on another suspension setup and bought my Cherokee for a DD and now am thinking about doing something with it. Jesus, does it ever end? Anyway. . .

Impractical sides get the best of everyone sometimes. Comes with the territory. (Ask me how I know) LOL! Still sounds like a sweet deal though with the 1 tons!

Either way, If you end up keeping it and am ever out this way (Lynchburg) and are wanting to hit the trails let me know! Always good to meet people and hit the trails!

Good luck man!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

Mike Hunt is a jewel in the roughMike Hunt is a jewel in the roughMike Hunt is a jewel in the roughMike Hunt is a jewel in the rough

trade for a 2000 honda prelude with 107k miles?
Old 10-06-2010, 02:07 PM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by Mike Hunt
trade for a 2000 honda prelude with 107k miles?
Unfortunately that's definitely something I'm not interested in. That's not what I had in mind when I said practical, but hopefully no hard feelings. I'm just not interested in Honda's or Acura's.

Thanks anyway though!
Old 10-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Registered Member

carguy434 has disabled reputation

91 lx 5.0 build call or text 434-284-0774 my name is andrew.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:15 AM
Kungfur v2.0

Wannabecool is infamous around these partsWannabecool is infamous around these partsWannabecool is infamous around these partsWannabecool is infamous around these partsWannabecool is infamous around these partsWannabecool is infamous around these partsWannabecool is infamous around these partsWannabecool is infamous around these partsWannabecool is infamous around these partsWannabecool is infamous around these partsWannabecool is infamous around these parts

pm sent

Quick Reply: 1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport - 4.0L, 5-speed... possibly a 2005 Kawasaki 636 too.