Notices
Domestic Vehicles from N. American, Mexican(?) manufacturers go here.

1996 Mustang GT - Griggs Equipped

Old 05-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Desolation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch
Thumbs up 1996 Mustang GT - Griggs Equipped

Name: Phil
Means of Contact: PM
Price: $8500

First and foremost, I do not have to sell this car; it is paid for, and if necessary I can remove the plates and it can sit in my driveway. Secondly, I don't give a shit what car you can buy with whatever amount of money; it isn't going to change my stance or price one bit.

Without going into some big sob story I am offering my prized possession for sale. I have not been able to make it to any track event for almost a year and don't see that changing in the near future. For the past 2-3 years I have maybe put 1,000-2,000 miles on the car a year, if that. I have owned this car since 2004 and bought it from Carmax as a bone stock GT automatic with 80k miles and has 115k on the clock now. It was my daily driver from 04-06 and saw infrequent driving from 06-present. For the past two years I have driven it almost exclusively to and from VIR for track events and for maybe a week or two every other month to put some mileage on it. I've sworn up and down that I'd never sell this car, as anyone who knows me will vouch for, but unfortunately things haven't been going my way lately and would rather see someone enjoy this rather than sit unused in my driveway. I'm sure that I will have left something out after writing this ad, so please, do not hesitate to ask questions. I am firm on the price and am not considering trades at all unless you want to offer $8500 in cash with it.

This is a 1996 Mustang GT that started life as an automatic Pacific Green coupe with premium sound (no Mach 460) and leather interior. Power windows, power locks, cruise control, air conditioning, etc. Everything is to be considered stock unless otherwise listed below:

Engine/Exhaust
-Livernois PI Intake kit - PI intake with adapter plates installed during December/January of 05/06
-Densecharger CAI
-Trick Flow upper plenum
-Steeda under-drive pulleys
-Magnaflow catted X-pipe
-Magnaflow flow tubes
-Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers
-Flowmaster 2.5" stainless tail pipes

Drivetrain
This car was originally an automatic, I have converted it to manual. The swap was performed by Don @ Performance Autosport
-Tremec T3650 removed from a 2001 Cobra, was rebuilt by Mountain Road Transmission prior to install - Summer of '07
-King Cobra clutch
-FRPP Nodular Flywheel
-Steeda Tri-Ax shifter
-pedal assembly from 03 cobra
-Dallas Mustang Speedcal
-3.73 FRPP gears and axle seals - done by Rocket Performance in Yorktown

Suspension/Brakes
-Maximum Motorsport 4 bolt camber/caster plates
-Steeda solid offset steering rack bushings
-Prothane motor and transmission mounts
-Custom 4 point roll-bar fabricated and installed by Bret Hamilton Enterprises
-new swaybar bushings
-Cobra 13" brakes on the front with Goodridge SS brake lines with Brembo blank rotors and Hawk HP+ pads (the pads have one weekend and ~500 miles on them)
-Cobra 11.65" rear brakes (not currently installed, but I have the calipers, lines, and caliper mounts...I do not have the axle mounts)
-03 Cobra front lower control arms
-Griggs Racing lower subframe connectors
The following was installed last year and has seen one track weekend and maybe 1,500 miles of road use:
-Griggs Racing/Koni double adjustable front coilovers
-Griggs Racing/Koni custom valved single adjustable rear coilovers
-Not sure on spring rates, I think its a 350lb spring up front and 375lb spring out back; rates were chosen with the Torque Arm in mind
-Griggs Racing rear lower control arms, MCA-4500N
-Griggs Racing Panhard Bar (Not installed, but is new)

Wheels/Tires
18x9 and 18x10 Black Saleen replicas
265/35/18 Nitto NT5555555555s up front, one is newer than the other
285/35/18 Nitto NT5555555555s out back, both are equally as old

I have had the two rears and one front on the car since the summer of '05; they have seen numerous 1/4 passes, auto-cross events and three track events. One of the fronts has only seen two track weekends. The tires are alright for the street, but I would not do another track weekend on them.

Interior
-Recaro SRD driver seat - I had a local upholstery shop add a hole for a sub belt
-Recaro Sport passenger seat
-rear seat has been removed, and and a carpeted rear seat delete installed
-Pioneer P3600 head unit, relocated to where factory CD player was
-2 1/16" Autometer Voltmeter and Oil Pressure gauges (I also have mechanical and electrical Autometer Water Temp gauges that will go with the car) in a pod where the factory radio was
-Black G-Force 5 point camlock harnesses

Exterior
-Rear wing has been removed and sealed, does not leak; I still have the spoiler.
-Foglights have been removed. When they did work you couldn't tell they were on and went through bulbs like they were going out of style. I had eventually planned to fab brake ducting to the openings but haven't gotten around to it.
-Cobra headlights

Now that I've listed all of the great and wonderful things, there are a few downsides:
-The passenger side headlight will need to be replaced, which I will probably do. I never drive the car at night, so it never bothered me. The light works, the mounts for the actual bulb are broken and are taped in place.
-ABS does not work. I've pulled the fuse so the light stays on on the dash. I never bothered investigating as I never ran into a problem on the street on on the track. Plus, its another computer controlled aspect that takes away some of the fun of a real car, amirite?
-After my first track event I was removing vinyl decals from the driver's door while rather cold and pulled a chunk of clear coat/paint with it. The portion of the door has been re-cleared and wet sanded, however you can still see the spot from ~10ft. away
-Driver's window does not work. I suspect a bad motor and will be replacing this shortly.

This car has been nothing short of reliable fun. I've been able to drive to and from every event (drag, autocross, open track) with no maintenance in between. The cost of consumables is low, with tires and brake pads being the most expensive thing. IIRC the car made 175hp/250tq while automatic, 196hp/260tq while automatic and with the PI Intake and 207hp/270tq after the 5 speed swap. My best 1/4 pass was 14.7 @ 94 and have never run the car since doing the 5 speed swap. The car is great on track, and I've been able to keep up with/pass cars of a much higher caliber. As I've stated I'm sure I've left something out so please ask questions. I live/work in Newport News however the car stays in Richmond. I can be available to show the car with enough notice however you will not be test driving the car unless you have cash in hand, no joy rides. I can arrange to have the car on a lift so the potential buyer can inspect the underside and suspension components. I am still not 100% positive I want to let go of this car as it provides me with the only escape from my current boring, rudimentary life; however I have not had the time or money to attend a track weekend recently.

PLEASE ASK ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS, I AM MORE THAN HAPPY TO DISCUSS THIS CAR!

Bone stock:

Recent:

Last edited by Flinch; 05-29-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:06 PM

nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo
Default Re: 1996 Mustang GT - Griggs Equipped

GL Phil.

great car
Old 05-31-2010, 11:19 AM
EMF Member #12

brnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond repute

i are sad.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:22 AM
Registered member

rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166

I don't usually like this body style but this car is dope.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:22 AM
Ovechkinator !

TITS has disabled reputation

damn why is this so nice
Old 06-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Desolation

I've spent a lot of time trying to make this unlike the run-of-the mill 96-98s; with a H/C/I swap this would be nasty.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:35 PM
Registered Member

Honda Freak has disabled reputation

How fast is it?
Old 06-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Registered member

slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx slo-180sx

Gorgeous Car. If you have any interest in parting any of that suspension stuff, send me a pm.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Desolation

Originally Posted by Honda Freak
How fast is it?
In relation to what? It hasn't been to a drag strip in several years, but I would wager low 14's/high 13's with a good driver. Track times, with a set of good rubber, should be on par or with CMC times.

Originally Posted by slo-180sx
Gorgeous Car. If you have any interest in parting any of that suspension stuff, send me a pm.
Thanks.
I don't have any interest in parting it out. It will either all go together or I'll keep it and get back on track when I can.