Notices
Domestic Vehicles from N. American, Mexican(?) manufacturers go here.

1994 CHEVROLET CAMARO, auto, 161k miles

Old 08-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr
Default 1994 CHEVROLET CAMARO, auto, 161k miles

1994 CHEVROLET CAMARO, 3.4L V6 OHV 12V FI, auto, 161k miles, mp3-playing CD player, 4-wheel anti-lock brakes, power windows, remote keyless entry (driver lock/unlock, passenger lock), remote trunk release, fog lamps, cruise control, engine immobilizer, air conditioning, power mirrors, rear window defroster, dual-front airbags, 3 brand new tires (4th was replaced early due to a nail, but it's fairly new, too), brand new battery, wheel locks, folding rear seat, removable front license plate bracket. Spare tire, jack, etc, in good condition. Fitted with fram oil drain kit for easy DIY oil changes and reuseable K&N high-performance air filter. Car has been very well maintained- regular full synthetic early oil changes and weekly waxings to 90k miles, full/semi most changes and very frequent waxings to 150k. Full maint records available for the last 70,000 miles. 3-owner car: 2nd owner was a coworker of mine and took pristine care of it, first owner apparently babied it as well. Never been wrecked; clean carfax report is available.

Also comes with 2 sets of keys & 2 remote keychains, original owner's manual, Chilton's repair guide, spare serpentine belt (I always like to carry a spare; never needed it), and misc spare light bulbs.

The car looks and runs extremely well for its age, but is 15 years old and has 160,000 miles, and has the dings and aches that comes with its age. There’s some headliner damage. The center console lid is secure but removable. There are a number of superficial blemishes. This has been an awesome car for me, is fun as hell to drive, and I know it’s got a lot of great life left. I've got valid base stickers and can bring it to any military base in the area if you don't have a way to come check it out. I’m asking $4150 OBO. Please contact me via PM or this thread.

FYI, the V6 is cheaper to insure than a V8 and it gets better mileage. This car is lighter and has a lighter front end than the Z28, and handles very well. There's no substitute for raw horsepower, but the low-end torque from this engine is excellent, and it's plenty peppy enough for around-town driving. And I'm already missing the mp3 player; my new car doesn't have one.

Last edited by sjfehr; 10-04-2008 at 05:57 AM.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:09 AM
Registered member

Default Re: 1994 CHEVROLET CAMARO, auto, 161k miles

Bump to add I've got a clean title sitting right beside me (no liens, no waiting!), and am a non-smoker.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:43 AM
Registered member

A couple more photos:

The back seats fold down for more cargo area, too. I've gotten 4 tires in here before, also 10' long dimensional lumber, an easy chair, you name it. It's surprisingly practical as a general vehicle

Last edited by sjfehr; 09-02-2008 at 04:47 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:50 AM
Registered member

Still available!
Old 10-04-2008, 05:51 AM
Registered member

Edit to add that I just got reinspected; it's good until Oct 2009. I've got valid base stickers and can bring it to any military base in the area if you don't have a way to come check it out. I lowered the asking price, too, to $4150 or best offer

I've put about $1000 worth of work into this car in the last 6 months, so if you're comparing this to another camaro, understand that pretty much everything that was ailing has been replaced and you're not going to buy it just to have to fix broken stuff- as far as I know, everything aside from what was mentioned in the original post is in perfect order. It's got all new tires, new battery, new alternator, new water pump, new O2 sensors, etc. Not to mention you've got 12 months until the next VA inspection.

Last edited by sjfehr; 10-04-2008 at 05:59 AM.