Notices
Domestic Vehicles from N. American, Mexican(?) manufacturers go here.

1971 Cutlass 2dr hard top fastback!

Old 10-23-2009, 11:54 AM
Body In Trunk.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1971 Cutlass 2dr hard top fastback!

What: 1971 Oldsmobile Cutlass
Miles: ??? no idea
Title: clear title
Price: $2500 obo
Trades: decent newer daily driver, no junk, no spaceship miles.
Contact: I can be reached on here, AIM (rcr roscoe) or by phone / text @ 804 986 3152 i have my voicemail turned off so if no answer shoot me a text or an e-mail, ill call you back

this is a 71 oldsmobile cutlass hard top (no b pillars) fastback with power steering, power brakes, manual windows, manual locks, FACTORY AC car! sorry, does not work but its all there. its got a 350 V8 and an automatic trans (th350) Miles? your guess is as good as mine! it was vomit green it is past life and what remains of the interior is also that color. the car has been poorly repainted white and at some time had some fairly shoddy bondo work done in the rear 1/4 panels at the back of the wheel well and at the bottom of the front fenders where they attach to the car. in the front the fenders are where the rot is but NOT the body of the car. thats solid in that area. there is rust in both front floors with a decent sized hole on the drivers side and none on the passenger side. the trunk is also awful. however everything else is good! all of the body mount areas and the mounts themselves are solid. the frame is good as is the suspension. it does have one bad spring so its got a slight gangster lean (doh!) i recently decided it would be a hell of alot easier to sell this car if it ran so i changed the oil, gassed it up and got it running. a set of plugs wires cap rotor and a fuel filter made it run good. the cars is either out of wack or needs a rebuild tho. and i think the vacuum advance is stuck full advance (loves to backfire into the intake) one of the wheel cylinders for the brakes was leaking so i went ahead and replaced that. the shoes were at about 1/2 life. the master cylinder is a bit sketch, pedal is pretty close to the floor but the car stops decent for something almost 4000 pounds with 4 wheel drum brakes. i replaced the front fender with one that was well not totally smashed in but it too has rust at the bottom but for the price i paid i couldn't complain! the car is driveable but i haven't gone far with it and w/o a rebuild or at least some adjustment on the carb i dont recommend driving it much atall unless you enjoy frustration, headaches, gray hair... because it likes to cut off when you first start going. once you get moving it does fine and has plenty of getup and go. some good is here too! the motor sounds great, no smoke, no knocks, no ticks! the trans shifts nice and firm but not jerk your head off stiff. the power brakes and power steering are working fine. all the windows go up and down. the electrical in this car all works! no shorts. does not kill the battery no drama. thing even starts with the key and the alternator charges the battery. its even got a good solid true dual exhaust that sounds great! i have some fair condition black door panels and other misc parts. i have some spares for the headlight bezel and headlight mounts i thought id need when i got the car but so far have not. i also have all the interior bits i have removed such as the back seats and a few interior trim parts i removed looking for rust and removing rotten insulation. the seats look awful but they are solid and great candidates for re upholstery. overall its a good solid car thatl make a fantastic driver or if you want a nice restoration. all the structural and mechanical headaches are straight its mostly loose end / cosmetics with this car at this point.

here are some pics! the first one was when i first got it and did a quick wash down. ignore that shiny, its wet not reality!

Thanks for looking! please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Last edited by RCR Roscoe; 11-05-2009 at 11:27 AM.