Notices
Domestic Vehicles from N. American, Mexican(?) manufacturers go here.

1966 Chevrolet C20 Project

Old 01-17-2013, 10:34 AM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby
Default 1966 Chevrolet C20 Project

Name: Tristan
Means of contact: PM or call/text 757-469-7117
Price: $2000 obo Price Drop, Accepting partial or straight trades for foxbody mustang or Camaro, v8 auto or stick, or entertain all other rwd trades.

Description: I hate to do it but priorities over rule my project. It is originally a Florida truck. I have the Florida Title in hand as proof, cannot be used to register. It's registered in GA which doesn't require a title for anything 1985 or older, I will give registration and bill of sale so you can file for a title in VA.

1966 Chevrolet C20, LWB(long wheel base) Fleet Side, SBW(small back window)

Body: Body is in good condition compared to most you will find. There is little rust repair left to be done, I have a few new sheet metal pieces that go with truck along with a little bit of trim pieces. There is a small section inside the cab on the passenger side that just needs a piece of sheet metal welded in, the cab corner pieces are mounted half ass with a screw(PO installed I never got the chance to remove, cut old rusted metal out and weld in.) The passenger door needs some lower sheet metal I have the lower piece for the inside of the door, will most likely need a new piece of outer skin sheet metal. The drivers door has been repaired(PO repaired needs grinding and smoothing maybe redo the outer skin). Drivers side rear bed panel needs to either be straightened out or cut and weld new or good used piece in. Tailgate will need to be replaced. Wood bed is shot, will need to be replaced and cleaned up. The original hood goes with it mainly for the new sheet metal that was installed but installed improperly by PO. The hood on truck needs to have front piece repaired or cut out and repaired, has surface rust but no through rust. All glass is intact and in good condition.

Suspension/brakes: Has power brake conversion, disc front, drum rear. Suspension is from a 1998 Chevrolet Silverado so it has 5x5 lug pattern vise the original 6 lug. Rear axle has been flipped, not sure of the components in the front. Wheels on truck have tires that are in great shape, I have 3 extra steel wheels with tires and 2 aluminum wheels with tires that are included.

Drivetrain: Has 283 V8, edelbrock intake, Holly carb, have been converted from points distributor to HEI. Motor runs great, takes 1-2 pumps of the throttle and fires right up. No knocks, pings or smoke. Has plenty of power. Has a 3 on the tree, clutch is pretty much shot and throwout bearing wines like crazy. It will move under its own power with no problem just sounds like there is rocks bashing around in the transmission. I have a T5 from a 1995 S10 that is included, it will require some modification in order to mate to bellhousing and install.

Interior: Gauge cluster works but needs to be cleaned or restored IMO, PO installed aftermarket radio which has a Johnny Cash CD stuck in it, which works for me. There is a hole cut in the dash for a tach which I have and will include but was never wired in. Gas tank is still mounted in the cab. Seats I have that go with it are out of a 1999+ Silverado, the will need to be mounted. I have the window cranks but they need the hardware to keep them on, easily picked up at any parts store.

Overall: I know there is something I am forgetting but I am selling as is, no I do not want any trades at all. Price is negotiable but don't make a retarded offer. I would recommend towing but if you want to risk it you can drive it but wouldn't recommend long distance due to clutch. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Pictures: All pictures are old will try to update as soon as weather is better.

No longer have wheels pictured.

Last edited by Slooby; 03-30-2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Price Drop
Old 01-18-2013, 08:56 AM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Default Re: 1966 Chevrolet C20 Project

To the top.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:35 PM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Old 01-20-2013, 02:27 PM
TAINT PUNCHER!

TTT I will have updated pictures tomorrow and I'll be free all day if anyone wants to come take a look at it.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:58 AM
TAINT PUNCHER!

TTT
Old 01-24-2013, 03:16 AM
TAINT PUNCHER!

TTT
Old 01-25-2013, 05:32 AM
TAINT PUNCHER!

TTT, Have someone scheduled to come look at it this weekend. If your interested in the truck would make a killer street truck or rat rod. Lots of potential in this truck, a lot of the hard work has already been done. Feel free to pm or call/text me an offer on it.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:23 AM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Bump, new price, if interested make an offer.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:39 AM
Certified Asshole

TALONted93 has disabled reputation

nice truck glws
Old 01-28-2013, 04:45 AM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Thanks. I'll be out of the area from 31st jan to 19 feb so if it doesn't sell before Thursday it won't be until I get back before I will be available.

Quick Reply: 1966 Chevrolet C20 Project