Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

yet another biker down??? (independence blvd)

Old 08-04-2008, 04:45 PM
master debater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout
Default yet another biker down??? (independence blvd)

driving on independence blvd today at five forks, there was some kind of ridiculous accident. i THINK i saw a blanket and carnage that looked like a motorcycle before traffic was redirected, i didn't get close enough to see. any leads on this???

i'm actually beginning to get legitimately scared. i just bought my bike, have yet to take it on the road, and it has already been dropped, and i continually see biker down threads and news and now came within feet of witnessing it myself.

like, sell my bike before i even get my license scared.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Registered Member

SeanJohn has disabled reputation
Default Re: yet another biker down??? (independence blvd)

I haven't herd anything about it.

I wouldn't sell my bike, just ride safely and watch your back you'll be find.

I honestly think the state can do more with motorcycle safety. I think im gonna write the state to make some changes to its laws.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

the thing i noticed down here (texas) is alot of Motorcycle awareness signs posted everywhere in eye shot of motorist
especially on busy roads/highways

of course there is no Helmet law here which i am not a fan of
Old 08-04-2008, 06:13 PM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by blackout
i just bought my bike, have yet to take it on the road, and it has already been dropped,
How'd that happen?

You want to go riding in a safe, sane environment to get your feet wet?
Old 08-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Mt Dew Amp = Crack

Ordie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond repute

I wish we could lane split in traffic like I could in CA.

That way in rush hour traffic when its backed up 3-4 miles we dont have to sit there.

More laws aren't gonna do anything, people will still break them.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:21 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by El Negro
How'd that happen?

You want to go riding in a safe, sane environment to get your feet wet?
yeah i guess i forgot to mention that part... it was actually a freak accident caused by complete negligence. the bike is 'supposed' to be for my wife, who is all of 5'2". she can barely get her toes on the ground while she's sitting on it, but she thinks she could still ride it comfortably. so we're sitting around shooting the shit, she hops on, and i tell her to try to back it up to see how tough it will be for her to move it around. before i know it the bike's on its fucking side.

she got the hell out of the way fortunately, but i just ordered a front brake lever, turn signal, and a new set of mirrors. (the other one mysteriously cracked about a day or two before). the fairing is scratched just a little bit, hardly noticeable, but there. if i would have had half a brain working at the time, i would have been prepared to catch the bike as it started to tip. or we both could have been paying more attention in the first place. regardless, it pissed me the fuck off (bike has 1 fucking mile on it, no bullshit), and just started this thought process of doubting if we (especially her) should have fucked around and bought a bike in the first place.

so yeah, i'm a little freaked out right now. i would really like to head somewhere to get some seat time on this thing, but i have to fix it first. can't ride with no front brake.

parts should be here in 3-6 days.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Registered Member

SeanJohn has disabled reputation

People are always gonna break them.

But there some things that need to change.

Just my 2cents.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Mt Dew Amp = Crack

Ordie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond repute

oh no doubt..

what do you have in mind?
Old 08-04-2008, 07:34 PM
miss my 2 wheels

brokemyR1 is an unknown quantity at this point

what laws in particular are you speaking of here?
Old 08-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

just a quick question for opener, Have you taken an MSF course?
just wondering

Quick Reply: yet another biker down??? (independence blvd)