Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

XJ650/Boulevard M50 bobber build thread

Old 08-03-2017, 08:59 AM
Volumes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted.
Default XJ650/Boulevard M50 bobber build thread

So, recently I decided to give bikes a go and I am already in love. Keep in mind I have never even touched a motorcycle or ridden anything other than a 125cc dirt bike. So now you'll understand If i'm a pleb at this.

I picked up an awesome stock 07 M50 off a co-worker for a grand. Runs, rides and everything with only 6K miles. I immediately didn't like the taillight assembly and knew I had to bob it.

Its pretty clean minus a dent in the gas tank and one of the Headers was punctured which I fixed with some pipes off Craigslist for 25 bucks. I then cut the taillight assembly from the taillight down to get rid of the moped look, It looks a lot better but still not my cup of tea.

I then took the rear fender off and love the look. I might cut the seat fome to make it more narrow sine it is pretty wide, and I need to make a bracket to mount it since the stock seat is fender mounted. The blinker threads fit perfect in the holes where the fender strut bolt holes were so I will be placing them there. As well as a side mount license plate.
Name:  AnpmFfO.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  40.6 KB
Old 08-03-2017, 09:06 AM
Volumes

Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted. Boosted.
Default Re: XJ650/Boulevard M50 bobber build thread

I also picked up this massive POS 82 XJ650 G50 yesterday for a build/restore. It doesn't run at the moment, previous owner claims it needs carb work, which it does. I already know the issue; XJ's come with pretty much a maxed out tune from the factory. This bike is straight header (will be adding mufflers later tonight) and also quad pod filters. These cause it to run lean and the carb does not get enough vaccum to pull up the floats without there being an airbox. I ordered a stock airbox to make a custom intake/box. Other than that it is pretty much bare bones vintage style. More details to come. I love this thing.

Name:  o2bJdG9.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  44.5 KB
Name:  BdzW2JC.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  77.7 KB
Old 08-27-2017, 09:54 AM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded
Default Re: XJ650/Boulevard M50 bobber build thread

I love projects like this, take these old cheese 80s bikes and make them look like something from the 40s