Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Would this scare you away from buying a track bike?

Old 05-23-2009, 04:00 AM
ASE Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default Would this scare you away from buying a track bike?

I found a killer deal on a GSXR750 track bike. The only thing is that is has a dent in the frame. He says its from a low side and the aftermarket clipon hit the steering neck. To me, Im wondering why the clipon could reach the frame, maybe it snapped off the steering stop on the frame? He says hes had the bike out a few times since the accident and everything was fine on the track, I am just worried about if I ever have to resell the bike later down the road.

What do you guys think?

http://www.digitalvideocalibrations....picture&id=257

If you click on the picture, it will bring up a high-res, huge size of the image.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:16 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default Re: Would this scare you away from buying a track bike?

Dang I don't know. That is kind of odd how it dented like that, but maybe it did snap off and hit it?
Old 05-23-2009, 05:31 AM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

i dont know a damn thing about motorcycles. but when it comes to something you go that fast on and can become real dead on real fast id think the fact that your concerned atall about this is reason enough to walk away. go with your gut man!
Old 05-23-2009, 05:39 AM
SV haver

chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe

i dont think its that big of a deal.. it looks really small... the bike is def totaled, but i dont think a dent smaller than a penny would really matter all that much... If its a really good deal and the rest of the bike is perfect, keyword; the rest of the bike must be in really good conditions... I would go for it.. i mean, if its cheap enough you could always just buy a frame on ebay and swap yo shit.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:34 AM
Registered Member

eclispegs2008 has disabled reputation

yeah i would really worry about a small dent like that too much, although is pretty strange how that could happen
Old 05-23-2009, 08:26 AM
Mt Dew Amp = Crack

Ordie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond repute

its a track bike.. I woudnt worry about it.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Registered Member

eclispegs2008 has disabled reputation

true, plus a with a dent that small its not like it would pull any metal around it in to mess up the structure/rigidity of the bike which is what i would worry about the most, which wont happen
Old 05-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Mt Dew Amp = Crack

Ordie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond repute

Even if it starts to crack after a while you can always find a frame for halfway decent prices, from another bike that was wrecked and parted out.

Your not gonna need a title if its race only.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Registered member

gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns gotturns

i agree it looks fine to me especially if the rest of the bike is in good condition and its a good price
Old 05-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Registered Member

cbr6004sale has disabled reputation

it looks to me the lower bolt from the tree. hit the frame.... im sure you know but look at the little knuckles that stop the trees from hitting the frame( lower tree clamp) when turning side to side. see if there is any spots where maybe also they slaped the frame and or broke the knuckles off. how bad is the stoper area on the frame !!. but as long as there isnt a crack it would roll with it and as just keep your eye out for a front half frame and swapp it out in the long run over time..

but it had to of hit somewhat hard for that bolt to touch. but if the frontend is fixed already> A+

Quick Reply: Would this scare you away from buying a track bike?