Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Who does CHEAP Tire Changing In the 757

Old 12-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LShatch59 has disabled reputation
Default Who does CHEAP Tire Changing In the 757

(Bikes a 2005 Honda 1000rr) Im looking for somewhere cheap to get my tires taken off the rims then put back on about a week later cause I will be powder coating my rims. I have the rims off the bike, I could even do it myself I know how to use a tire machine, air power or man power ones, I used to change tires at sams club and I have changed my motorcycle tires before a few times. Ive called around and some places want $100.00 which is crazy I think just to take a tire off and put back on which takes like 10 mins.

Also im trying to get my swingarm bearings out to powder coat that too but im not sure if you need a special puller or somthing, has anyone ever done this and maybe could give me some tips or how to get it done.

Any help would be great thanks.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:12 AM
Registered Member

DIMford has disabled reputation
Default Re: Who does CHEAP Tire Changing In the 757

I just bought the setup from Harbor Freight to do it myself. A couple buddies of mine have shown me how to do it in the past but I have never done it myself. If you want to use my tools and show me how to do it on my own tires you could use it for free.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:14 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

we(redline) do it for $65 per tire on the bike or $35 off the bike
Old 12-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Between Bikes

pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty

I don't think $100 is too bad, especially when you factor in the fact that a tire-machine breaking is a lot more expensive to replace or fix than a torque wrench. That's not even taking into account that changing tires themselves can be dangerous if the tire has some defect/flaw in it.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:10 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by pasty
I don't think $100 is too bad, especially when you factor in the fact that a tire-machine breaking is a lot more expensive to replace or fix than a torque wrench. That's not even taking into account that changing tires themselves can be dangerous if the tire has some defect/flaw in it.
+ cleaning the rims, clean & lube the chain, adjusting the chain, cleaning the bike, blancing the rim/tire. , checking over the bike.. there alot more to it than just changing the tire on the rims.. well at my work we do..
Old 12-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Registered Member

sir loin will become famous soon enough

try cyclegear in norfolk

or d&d also in norfolk
Old 12-10-2009, 08:27 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Originally Posted by rollingstock
+ cleaning the rims, clean & lube the chain, adjusting the chain, cleaning the bike, blancing the rim/tire. , checking over the bike.. there alot more to it than just changing the tire on the rims.. well at my work we do..
You wash the bike for a tire change? I'm glad we didn't do that shit at Merchants.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:32 AM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

I can tell you that you having to take the tire off the rim. Having them painted... then having them put the tires back on a week later is what is gonna be costly. Are you using the same tires? If you are using new tires... then I would suggest that you take them off the rim yourself. Then, when your ready... take them somewhere to have them done. But only if your getting new tires. If your using the same tires, I wouldn't want you to mess them up trying to get them off and cause problems later. Let a professional do it. Cause a tire on a bike is not the same a tire on a car. If a car blows out... awe darn. If a bike tire blows out, it will probably end with bike repair and a trip to the hospital.

The average cost of a tire change with the rim off the bike is $35 - $40 at most shops.

Cyclegear is way expensive.

Sunrise has done 2 of my tires and both times they have not been balanced properly. (causes vibration in the bars at high speed, induced a tankslap one time. I have also heard this from others.)

Diva Customs would probably do it at the same rate. (They put a plug in my rear tire when I had my bike tuned there. I haven't had a problem and I think they charged me $35 or something along those lines. Hey, they are running a special on dyno tunes this month too... so... maybe you can get them to throw in the tire change cheap. I know the dyno tunes are running $150 this month)

Oceana Cycles is $35. (The owner is a cool dude. It is primarily a cruiser shop, but they will work on anything. And tires and rims are pretty much the same for both bikes. I have had 4 or 5 tires changed their and never the first problem. He has even been there a couple times when I called and done them for me when the shop is closed.)

Last edited by FairladyZTT; 12-11-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:35 AM
Registered Member

98formulaLS1 will become famous soon enough

As you look for a shop, make sure you mention that you will be putting a USED tire back on the bike. When I was about to buy a used rear tire, I couldn't find a place to M&B it on my rim, so I dropped the sale.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Registered member

LShatch59 has disabled reputation

I have the rims off the bike, Ive changed the tires on my F4I plenty of times in the past on one of those cheap harbor freight tire machines (but I sold it) its not hard for me to use one of those and I guess its cheaper to just buy one of them and do it myself, I will spend the money to get them balanced however, which should not be that much at all. I guess there is no local shops around that would let me "use" there machine for a few mins. if sometype of injury release fourm or whatever was signed and I could even give like 20$ to let me use it.

Quick Reply: Who does CHEAP Tire Changing In the 757