Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Where to buy new?

Old 01-09-2006, 08:15 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Where to buy new?

There are a few bikes that I'm interested in getting, quite possibly new rather than used.. but there's no way I'm going to fork over $9,700 out the door for a brand new 600. I think that's ridiculous.

I'm looking at the new 636's, a couple different 600 RR's (the beautiful orange with tribal and flakes in the paint, and the completely blacked out version), maybe a new R6... maybe something bigger than a 600 if the price is right, but no--I do not want a Hayabusa or a ZX12R or anything.. although the new frosty white Hayabusa is a beautiful machine, it's not for me. I prefer twists and turns to straight lines.

Anywhere in particular I should look first? I want a good deal. I've heard of people buying brand new 636's and 600 RR's for aroud $7-7500 brand spanking new at dealerships, but that certainly wasn't around here. Any suggestions?
Old 01-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Is it Friday yet?

Ghostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Where to buy new?

I hear the best deals are out of state.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:41 PM
SR20DET

mikesmazda200 is an unknown quantity at this point

There where some 05 636's in Savannah, Georgia they were for 7500 brand new. It's only nine hours away. Good luck finding motorcycles around here for that much brand new.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

r6nitup has disabled reputation

look around......
Old 01-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

I am looking for a good deal too. I want to get a newer bike like NOW.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:00 AM
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY

Originally Posted by mikesmazda200
There where some 05 636's in Savannah, Georgia they were for 7500 brand new. It's only nine hours away. Good luck finding motorcycles around here for that much brand new.

road trip.....i got the expedition and a huge trailer.... derrick, zerocool , find one out of state im always up for a road trip
Old 01-11-2006, 05:09 AM
Custom User Title

mnchvgs79 is an unknown quantity at this point

My suggestion is to NEVER buy any vehicle brand new unless you get a HUGE discount on it. Items such as motorcycles depreciate so quickly, you will lose your ass once the time comes to sell. Why not just buy a used 04 or 05?
Old 01-11-2006, 05:11 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by slowsilverteg
road trip.....i got the expedition and a huge trailer.... derrick, zerocool , find one out of state im always up for a road trip
Sounds good to me!

I think the most fun I've ever had in my life was when my boys and I just packed up our shit and decided to go somewhere.. last minute, zero notice.. just packed our shit and hit the road. Good times! I'm always down for a road trip if I'm not working or if I can get off of work.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:12 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by mnchvgs79
My suggestion is to NEVER buy any vehicle brand new unless you get a HUGE discount on it. Items such as motorcycles depreciate so quickly, you will lose your ass once the time comes to sell. Why not just buy a used 04 or 05?
Typically, I would always be the person to prefer buying a used motorcycle over new.. but I could justify $1000 extra if I knew what the service history was (none), that it wasn't beaten on, it was broken in properly.. there were no problems the previous owner didn't tell me about (since there would be no previous owner) etc..

I'm not ruling out the idea of a used bike, but it would be nice to start fresh if I'm going to drop that much money to begin with.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:18 AM
Custom User Title

mnchvgs79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Typically, I would always be the person to prefer buying a used motorcycle over new.. but I could justify $1000 extra if I knew what the service history was (none), that it wasn't beaten on, it was broken in properly.. there were no problems the previous owner didn't tell me about (since there would be no previous owner) etc..

I'm not ruling out the idea of a used bike, but it would be nice to start fresh if I'm going to drop that much money to begin with.
Another benefit to buying used is aftermarket parts, things like exhausts, and power commanders and steering stabilizers and seats and lighting etc. all that shit is very expensive to buy yourself, but not worth hardly anything when selling the bike. So you could probably find a used bike with $3000 in mods/parts done to it, with low miles and $1000+ less than buying a bone stock new one.

Just my .02

Quick Reply: Where to buy new?