Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

what insurance do you have for your Busa? i got a quote for an '08, $2900 a year

Old 02-21-2014, 06:21 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder
Default what insurance do you have for your Busa? i got a quote for an '08, $2900 a year

i was in the process of buying a 08 Busa. it is financed. it took all day for my insurance company to get back to me with a quote. the number was crazy. i'm with farmers, the price for the year is $2900!!! for full coverage (required when financing)
there has got to be a cheaper alternative, that price is ridiculous!
anyone know a cheaper alternative?
what does everyone pay for a busa?
Old 02-21-2014, 06:29 AM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar
Default Re: what insurance do you have for your Busa? i got a quote for an '08, $2900 a year

have you had full coverage on a bike before? That's similar to what I was quoted for a new gsx-r750 (didn't end up buying one) through Geico. How many years experience do you have?
Old 02-21-2014, 11:49 AM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy
Default Re: what insurance do you have for your Busa? i got a quote for an '08, $2900 a year

That's not that bad on a Busa for full coverage. They play the odds. Like Roxtar said how many years do you have on your M endorsement? My buddy was paying fucking $450 a MONTH ($5400/year) for full coverage on a 2005 ZX-10 back in 2010.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:52 AM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

I ditched geico for that hoe Flo

Progressive lets you claim both on road AND off road experience when providing you a quote over the phone, so even though i only had 1 year of holding a M class at the time they considered my 20+ years of offroad experience as well.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:58 AM
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

Progressive was the cheapest when I had my bike..
Old 02-21-2014, 02:27 PM
Registered Member

Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder

Originally Posted by burnoutboy
That's not that bad on a Busa for full coverage. They play the odds. Like Roxtar said how many years do you have on your M endorsement? My buddy was paying fucking $450 a MONTH ($5400/year) for full coverage on a 2005 ZX-10 back in 2010.

i have 11 years on my endorsement. driving record is ok, no moving violations. i've had liability on my 1997 gsxr-750, since '04. was only 250 for the year.

i thought a hayabusa was considered a sport touring bike? some people told me to check state farm. gotta do that monday
thanks for the help everyone. i might not be able to get the busa. the insurance for one bike is twice as much as all 3 of my cars. smh
Old 02-21-2014, 02:37 PM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar

liability on my gs500f is only 200 and i've only been riding for 3 years. plus, I have some significant violations on my record.
going to full coverage on a bike is crazy expensive.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:00 PM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

That's where you fucked up, should've NEVER ditched the mighty SRAD 750!

Here's mine LOL.

Guess a Busa is as close as you're gonna get to DAT ASS on a modern bike LOL.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

im still keeping the SRAD. its been with me through everything
Old 02-21-2014, 03:26 PM
TheMuhFuggin♂

+repped! Mine's never leaving me either. It's been down for a season and a half but it's just waiting for a rebuild, not getting sold!

Quick Reply: what insurance do you have for your Busa? i got a quote for an '08, $2900 a year