Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

What insurance

Old 06-08-2006, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ef9zc has disabled reputation
Default What insurance

Ok hi im mark im 20 years old and i got a suzuki 2006 gsxr 600. Suzuki doesn't require ful coverage and matter of fact i dont live in va right now. But in 10 monthes i will be moving back(im in military). I really want to get the coverage for it getting stolen but its like 1800 a year for me that includes vandalizim(sc), stolen or incidental damage or something. That was progressive quote. I went with liability for now just because i want to shop around. Does anyone know an insurance that can give me something to work with. I understand its going to be a prety penny any where i go because of me being young with new bike but theres got to be somewhere a little cheaper. I have heard of 300 to 400 dollars a year for full coverage and i dont even need full coverage. I definitly don't need medical cause i have 100% medical threw military all i want is theft and liability. So let me know who you guys go threw and how much please. i really hate to get my bike stolen and not have it and have to pay for it. TIa
Old 06-08-2006, 02:09 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default Re: What insurance

im 20, and i also have a 2006 gsxr600. state farm is giving me full coverage for $71/month. they class motorcycles by engine size, not supersport, super bike, ect..

my advise, get and keep full coverage. one day you might need it and its going to save your ass. my friend layed his 06 gsxr600 down 2 weeks after he bought it. it scratched the frame pretty good. he only had liability on it and he fixed the bike himself. downside, insurance would of wrote it of due to that deep scratch in the frame, and his resale value just went to SHIT.

also, like you said, theft is good to have. who knows man, what if you walk outside and see your bike laying on its side because someone hit and it left, or your kickstand digs into the asphalt.. a MILLION things can happen to a bike, and its usually when you still owe a shitload of money on it.

call around, im sure someone can give you a decent quote. hope i helped.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Registered Member

ef9zc has disabled reputation

geico just quoted me 1000 for liability no medical and like 2900 liability with theft i said you usck and hung up
Old 06-08-2006, 03:07 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

each month!?!? state farm didnt fax my proof of insurance over the day i was supposed to pick my bike up from the dealership. so i called progressive to see what they would do for me so i could get the bike out of the door. they wanted $334/mo for full coverage, and $230ish/mo for liability. i laughed at him and told him what state farm was giving me. he said they must of messed up and if that was actually correct, that he said to jump on it and not to bother calling around.

before i bought my bike, i called twice to get price quotes, and even got quoted a similar price for a 06 600rr. when i bought the bike, i still had the same quote and everything, so im pretty sure they didnt quote me wrong, and if they did, thats their problem at this point.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

mrhqv has disabled reputation

man geico wouldnt even take my ass lol. so i went through progressive.

but my bike is a 1991 suzuki 600, 500 liability for a year. im 22 with a handfull of speeding tickets and fair share of accidents.
progressive's online direct quote was preety easy too.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

How many threads is this topic going to get? I think there are 5 in here. Search yo