Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

what have i gotten myself in to...

Old 09-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WatThaDeuce WatThaDeuce WatThaDeuce WatThaDeuce WatThaDeuce WatThaDeuce WatThaDeuce WatThaDeuce WatThaDeuce WatThaDeuce WatThaDeuce
Default Re: what have i gotten myself in to...

From what I could see there's significant rust inside. There is also a huge dent which will keep it from passing inspection if I'm not mistaken?
Old 09-20-2012, 01:08 PM
GT-Four Guy

Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze

never heard of a dent keeping you from passing inspection, charlie should be able to clarify.

most of the used ones on ebay are dented to hell too and they want silly money for them so good luck.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Is in ur head, why?

crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness

to get rid of rust inside the tank - www.evaporust.com/

as long as the tank doesn't leak, it will pass inspection.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:54 PM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

This is GREAT too!

http://www.por15.com/CYCLE-TANK-REPA...ductinfo/CTRK/
Old 09-21-2012, 07:37 AM
Registered member

WatThaDeuce WatThaDeuce WatThaDeuce WatThaDeuce WatThaDeuce WatThaDeuce WatThaDeuce WatThaDeuce WatThaDeuce WatThaDeuce WatThaDeuce

Glad to hear that about the inspection. Thanks for the links, will definitely be trying one of those
Old 09-30-2012, 11:30 AM
Registered member

well got a new battery, it cranked it's ass off, wouldn't turn over. thinking it's not getting fuel so i hook the pump straight to battery, nada.

no visible signs of corrosion. gonna pick up a new pump when i get a few bucks, and I've got gas tank stuff otw

Last edited by WatThaDeuce; 09-30-2012 at 11:32 AM. Reason: sp.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:04 AM
Is in ur head, why?

crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness

Originally Posted by WatThaDeuce
well got a new battery, it cranked it's ass off, wouldn't turn over. thinking it's not getting fuel so i hook the pump straight to battery, nada.

no visible signs of corrosion. gonna pick up a new pump when i get a few bucks, and I've got gas tank stuff otw
http://cbrforum.com/forum/stickies-9...l-pump-102151/
Old 10-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Registered member

^Will be tryin' that, thanks. been tinkering with a few other things. removed original tail light and all the plastic crap it went on, gonna get a lil' light from ebay or something, gonna look something like this

also removed the front stay and tucked all the wiring under the front of the air intake 'cause i don't plan on trying to find any of the fairings for it. will prolly just go to ebay or amazon again for a headlight. not sure what to do with the little radiator on the front tho
Old 10-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

Do work Brrryyyy. Ill prolly be storing my bike in your garage by the end of november, then we start taring shit to pieces and finagling this tail swap thats been sitting in my living room for a month now.

Since you will most likely ebay yourself a headlamp i think you should go with something like these....for some reason i just think they goes with your bike being from the late 80s an all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Streetfighte...2d9cb1&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEADLIGHT-HE...&forceRpt=true

I`m looking at something like this for mine, minus the non functional reflectors/ fake turn signals.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-HE...b0031e&vxp=mtr

or run with my original plan of the survival themed...gixxer thing?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Headlight-Fi...a088b4&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Hooch; 10-26-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:00 AM
Registered member

yea i need to get something goin' with this thing. trying to order the part for the fuel pump. the part in the thread that crx linked comes from a wholesale company called k&l who's backordered on that part until january. so i found one on ebay but gd paypal is pissing me off, gotta wait a couple days to verify my account. so hopefully i can order that on monday. i like the headlights you linked, better than the same one that comes up over and over again on ebay. on the first one you linked for your bike, sure those aren't actual lights you can hook to your turn signal wires? i do think i like the second one better for yours tho. anyway whenever ya wanna bring it over and fool with that tail just lemme know

Quick Reply: what have i gotten myself in to...