Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

What do you think about the 04 ZX-6R 636?

Old 10-14-2005, 09:43 AM
AC-UR-AGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marshallbc will become famous soon enough
Default What do you think about the 04 ZX-6R 636?

What do you think about the 04 ZX-6R 636? I am thinking of buying one this weekend.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:49 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: What do you think about the 04 ZX-6R 636?

Dude....

My ZX6R is for sale. The 636 is a great bike, but it's a little aggressive and uncomfortable for longer rides... My '01 ZX6R is kind of the best of both worlds and I can ride it for hours without having to stop to stretch or rest. It's a beautiful bike and you'll save several thousand bucks, while still getting an over maintained motorcycle.

Is it your first bike?

I looked at the 636's and I decided to pick up the 6R instead. They're both great bikes though..
Old 10-14-2005, 10:06 AM
AC-UR-AGE

No this would be my second. I had a 1997 CBR 600. But just got tired of the carb.... And over heating.. It was junk I beat that thing to hell. But I have not road in about two years. I want something fun and that will run well. I am about 6' tall and about 200 lbs. I just like to get out and ride..,... Do you think that is a good size....
Old 10-14-2005, 10:08 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by marshallbc
No this would be my second. I had a 1997 CBR 600. But just got tired of the carb.... And over heating.. It was junk I beat that thing to hell. But I have not road in about two years. I want something fun and that will run well. I am about 6' tall and about 200 lbs. I just like to get out and ride..,... Do you think that is a good size....
I don't want to sound like I'm just trying to persuade you to buy mine or anything like that because it's not like that, but I don't think with your size and stature that you'll be comfortable on the 636 because of the riding position.... but there's really only one way to find out. Get a feel for it before you buy it.

If you even want to consider my 6R, I'll let the bike itself go for $4500 which is a huge loss for me. I've done all the maitenence on it, just put a new clutch cable on it, fresh oil change, flushed brakes, etc.. I got a ticket and I need to pay for the attorney.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

r6nitup has disabled reputation

Well i had a 636 and the retail value on them sucks.. if you buy one and decide to sell it you will not get anything out of it.. i bought mine with 2000 miles an 04 with full exhaust power commander, and some other goodies for around 5200..hell of a deal i know..my 99 r6 is a far better bike..the only better thing with the 03 and up 636's are the extra cc's forks, and aggressive styling..my r6 handles way better and is alot more reliable.. just my two cents..if you have any other questions about any bikes just let me know..and im sure i can help you out..or if anyone is up for a group ride let me know im always on joplin road..ha
Old 10-14-2005, 11:05 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by r6nitup
Well i had a 636 and the retail value on them sucks.. if you buy one and decide to sell it you will not get anything out of it.. i bought mine with 2000 miles an 04 with full exhaust power commander, and some other goodies for around 5200..hell of a deal i know..my 99 r6 is a far better bike..the only better thing with the 03 and up 636's are the extra cc's forks, and aggressive styling..my r6 handles way better and is alot more reliable.. just my two cents..if you have any other questions about any bikes just let me know..and im sure i can help you out..or if anyone is up for a group ride let me know im always on joplin road..ha
The 6R handles GREAT.. It's light, and it likes to lean in the turns.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:11 PM
Registered Member

Alwayslast is an unknown quantity at this point

i don't think you can really go wrong with any of the modern 600s out there. power/handling are all pretty close and most likely you will not use all of it.

you are probably better off basing your decision on reliability,styling and pricing.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:42 PM
AC-UR-AGE

hows the reliability of the 636? I have heard they are sound bikes..
Old 10-14-2005, 01:44 PM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by marshallbc
hows the reliability of the 636? I have heard they are sound bikes..
In my experience, Kawasaki's have all been pretty good, reliable, fun bikes. Can't go wrong with a Kawasaki, but then again I'm kind of biased.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Alwayslast
i don't think you can really go wrong with any of the modern 600s out there. power/handling are all pretty close and most likely you will not use all of it.

you are probably better off basing your decision on reliability,styling and pricing.
good post, even the reliability is similar across the board with the 600's. So you're down to fit, styling and pricing. Can't go wrong with a kawi

Quick Reply: What do you think about the 04 ZX-6R 636?