Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

wanna get into riding

Old 10-04-2005, 11:40 AM
E36 Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
puntr26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wanna get into riding

like the title says, I wanna start riding. I've had a few ppl wanna trade their f4i's and it seems like the f4i is a good beginner bike. I'm just not too sure about prices on used bikes. I've been lookin at some '01 and '02's with some fairing scrapes, and one guy said he has zip ties holding some parts together..... I'm really only looking to spend no more than $5k

I've heard good things bout the MFS class, but not too sure where/when it is.

any input you guys have i would really appreciate

edit: i should also add i'm 19 (20 in april), 6ft, 180lbs (dont know if it makes a diff but yea)

Last edited by puntr26; 10-04-2005 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:45 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: wanna get into riding

I have a wicked ZX6R for sale for $4800 man..
I just had the oil changed again, and for another $100 I'll have a new front tire put on for you.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:51 AM
E36 Driver

pix and location?
Old 10-04-2005, 11:56 AM

EF_LEGOMAN has disabled reputation

for 5K you should be able to cop a pretty decent bike. Check out dcsportbikes.com - classifieds.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:06 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by puntr26
pix and location?

http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108578

Roanoke, VA

You can always buy an average bike for $5k or less, but why buy an average bike when you can buy mine?
Old 10-04-2005, 12:17 PM
E36 Driver

awwww im a sucker for anything blue! haha. Some guy from va beach sounds like hes gonna give me cash sometime in the next two weeks. I have bout 3k cash saved up in hand right now.... I couldn't really test drive it cause I've never rode a bike... cept for when I was like 6 or 7, my dad had one and................ nevermind, long story short hot exhaust pipe, shorts, burning flesh
Old 10-04-2005, 12:25 PM
wub wub wub wub

I've posted videos of the bike up in the cycle section so you know it runs through the gears smoothly, and I've had the oil changed religiously.. Just had the brakes flushed, the exhaust can re-riveted... It's loud, and the pipe appears to be stock so you don't have to worry about being pulled for the loud "aftermarket pipe"

Polished frame, polished swingarm and rearsets.. custom painted wheels.. Renthol grips, ZeroGravity double bubble smoked windscreen, carbon fiber clutch and brake levers, carbon fiber tank protector, shaved signals front and rear (wiring tucked away safely inside; the stock signals were just too big and bulky. I prefer using hand signals) ...if you want the signals, I still have all the stock parts. The rear tire has at least two riding seasons left in it, but the front should be replaced.. I'll go in half with you on that. It's a nice bike! Kawasaki's are great first bikes!
Old 10-04-2005, 02:38 PM

Fear is an unknown quantity at this point

Id recomend the MSF class. I took it with no rideing experience and had a blast and learned to ride at the same time. Zero's bike looks extreamly clean and if its how he describes it, it looks like a great deal.