Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

VIR classes??

Old 09-01-2004, 02:41 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VAhslr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VIR classes??

i was told VIR has a class you can take to race. anybody know any more info on this and where i can find out more on this.
Also, has anyone taken this course? what did you think?
I have that itch to lean and drag knees, just though this class would be a great place to learn proper ways to handle my bike around a race track.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:58 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Re: VIR classes??

I've done Sport Bike Track Time's school, which is more oriented to just being able to ride safely on the track and its a good intro, I also did Corner Speed which is a racing school that earns you your provisional WERA/CCS road racing license.

For a first timer I'd highly recommend doing a track day in STT's novice class which includes the school, for one its less than half the price of Aaron's Cornerspeed school at only $150. Lots of first timers take C-speed but I don't think going out into a race school to pop your track cherry is the best idea, unless you have lots of street miles and ride hard. But STT will make you very comfortable, unless you just started riding yesterday, there WILL be people slower than you in your group which does alot more for your confidence, and they are usually a much smaller group so you have more track to yourself.

So my recommendation would be do STT's novice class, then go do the Corner Speed race school, even if you have no intention of racing I'd still recommend it. But STT is done for the year at VIR, Cornerspeed still has a few days left, i'll be there Nov. 8th for the full course. So if your trying to get on track this year cornerspeed would be your only option, and I'm not saying you definetly shouldn't do cornerspeed to start, that is actually what i did, race school first then STT's novice class, but ideally I would do it in the opposite order.

www.sportbiketracktime.com
www.cornerspeed.net
Old 09-01-2004, 08:11 AM
Banned

VAhslr is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks you hit all points, I do have many miles under my belt and I do ride considerably hard occasionally. I would rather start ahead with Sport Bike Track Time's school; like you recommended so I’ll wait until next season I guess. Thanks for the info.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:05 AM
Free Time

octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane

I think D&D has another track day coming up at VIR in October. Call Bryan at D&D (757-423-1082) and ask him for date and info. The D&D track day is broken into 3 groups, novice, intermediate, and licensed racers, and is instructed by Aaron and the Cornerspeed crew. Great place to start in my opinion. Here's what you can expect: http://www.octaneonline.com/D&DTrackDay.htm - click the top link for a few photos.