VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Cycle Corner (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/)
-   -   Track Days at NCCAR/NCBIKE in Garysburg, NC!! (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/track-days-nccar-ncbike-garysburg-nc-438068/)

TheGreatLean 04-15-2012 03:02 PM

Track Days at NCCAR/NCBIKE in Garysburg, NC!!

I just had the pleasure of riding at NCCAR/NCBIKE track with teampromotion. It's a new track, i think this is the second year has been open and the first year open for motorcycles. The track is very clean and easy to learn. The best part is that it is only a couple of hours from Virginia Beach. I like this track but the turn out for this weekend was low, so we need to get more people out there so they can keep the track open to two wheels.

I've been on this forum for a long time now and every now and then some one will post how they wish they could go ride on the track. But there are excuses of why most of the posters can't make it. It's too far, don't have the gear...blah..blah.. No more excuses...

Teampromotion has some specials that can get you started.
Discounts for active military personel.
or take the Advance Rider Training(ART) class with free suit and back protector rental(you'll need to bring or rent a helmet, boots and gloves).

If you are serious about trying out the track, take a look at Teampromotion.com and put me (Dat Luong) or Paul Tagliaferro in the reffered by box when you register.
Paul was driving force that got TPM and NCCAR together. He does a lot of work to try to get more people off the streets to ride in a safer environment. Me, Paul and the guys at teamprohr.com can answer questions and we will do our best to help get you to the track. If you need gear, get in touch with Doug or Cedric at Cycle Gear in Norfolk.

Some of you old school guys know me and know that I don't do this for a living. We finally have a track close to Hampton Roads and not that many people from the area are representing. So I'm just posting this because we need help to keep this track open to two wheels.

Post here or message me if you have more questions.
Some pictures of one of the track day.
http://thesbimage.com/2012/NCBIKEmarch/index.html

Neo Xian Wu 04-15-2012 03:32 PM

Re: Track Days at NCCAR/NCBIKE in Garysburg, NC!!

Dat's right. I know some of the guys I've met here and ridden with have talked about going to the track. No reason not to now.

TheGreatLean 04-25-2012 02:03 PM

special this weekend at NCBIKE.
$150 for nonmembers and $100 for members

professorman 06-04-2012 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by TheGreatLean (Post 7752983)
special this weekend at NCBIKE.
$150 for nonmembers and $100 for members

Wow, I know it costs to get on the track, but I was hoping there was some low cost days, for like $20-40 to just get on a track and do a lap or so. $150 is kinda steep for novices.

dyoungin' 06-05-2012 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by professorman (Post 7813990)
Wow, I know it costs to get on the track, but I was hoping there was some low cost days, for like $20-40 to just get on a track and do a lap or so. $150 is kinda steep for novices.

That's cheap as shit. Do some research.

Neo Xian Wu 06-05-2012 02:16 PM

That's $150 bucks for the WHOLE day, plus gear is provided. That's an amazing deal.

TheGreatLean 06-06-2012 05:26 PM

yea, i'm used to spending around $175-200 a/day and that is the norm for most organization.
remember this is not the dragstrip, your lap isn't over in 10s...well, unless you wreck.
if there is another deal like this going on again, then i'll post it here. otherwise, the next track day at NCCAR/NCBIKE is June 23/24.

TheGreatLean 06-06-2012 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by professorman (Post 7813990)

that's a good point, i forgot to mention. they have a "try the track" for free during lunch time. basically a 3-4 lap, slow pace, follow the control rider deal. bring your bike, jacket, jeans, gloves , helmet, and register in the morning or sometime before lunch. check their website for details. if you do become a member, put down Dat Luong in the "referred by box".

thanks

Neo Xian Wu 06-06-2012 06:24 PM

This guy. Share some of that track time referrals lol.

FilipinoMafia 06-07-2012 04:01 AM

Dat you got any vids of you riding around NCCR track?