VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Cycle Corner (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/)
-   -   Took the class, got the license, now for the bike.... (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/took-class-got-license-now-bike-66425/)

Fear 09-12-2004 10:13 AM

Took the class, got the license, now for the bike....

Well the title says all. I took the class at TCC which was a good experience and alot of fun and about a week ago I got my M endorsement on the license. Im planning on buying a bike in about 2 months and play around with it in the backroads for a while to learn so ill be ready for next season. Hopefully ill get one in time to get in a few good weather days in November!

Jesus 09-12-2004 10:16 AM

Re: Took the class, got the license, now for the bike....

welcome to the motorcycle world

Del La Sol 1320 09-12-2004 01:41 PM

welcome... what kind of bike are you considering

Fear 09-12-2004 03:26 PM

Im looking to get either a Katana or a R6. But im pretty open to just about any 600cc sport bike. Its most likely going to be the bike i can get the best deal on. Any 600's i should stay stay away from?

Chino 09-12-2004 04:29 PM

yeah.... can-o-tuna *(katana) = no es bueno

willm37 09-12-2004 05:56 PM

why do u say the katana is bad im just curious

Mr.6 09-12-2004 06:17 PM

Its fine for a beginners bike. But the aerodynamics of it suck IMO, and most people grow out of it. I started out on the R6, and im VERY happy with it. I think you will find the way it handles to be better than the other 600's, though i here the cbr comes close, however, it lacks the power of a gsxr or a zx-6r.

I will say that coming out of that class, you are ready for any 600, you just need to adjust to it first and take it really easy until you have the miles under your belt. Its a lot more power than those 250's they use ;) I think after i put my first 300 miles on, i started to get on it a little harder. Take everything in baby steps. :D

Oh, and yes, welcome to this wonderful sport :hi: :thup:

s2k7 09-12-2004 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.6
Its fine for a beginners bike. But the aerodynamics of it suck IMO, and most people grow out of it. I started out on the R6, and im VERY happy with it. I think you will find the way it handles to be better than the other 600's, though i here the cbr comes close, however, it lacks the power of a gsxr or a zx-6r.

I will say that coming out of that class, you are ready for any 600, you just need to adjust to it first and take it really easy until you have the miles under your belt. Its a lot more power than those 250's they use ;) I think after i put my first 300 miles on, i started to get on it a little harder. Take everything in baby steps. :D

Oh, and yes, welcome to this wonderful sport :hi: :thup:

I guess its the driver? I kept up with a new zx-6r with ease...even from a roll where i thought those extra 36cc's were gonna pull on me.

Mr.6 09-13-2004 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Nates95Accord
I guess its the driver? I kept up with a new zx-6r with ease...even from a roll where i thought those extra 36cc's were gonna pull on me.

'03 is FI, im carbed :o