Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

tire suggestions

Old 03-20-2007, 02:43 PM
GLHF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo
Default tire suggestions

it will be time for me to pick up some tires soon, and i'm considering what to get.

i've heard good things about pilot powers, Metzler M5's (i think), pirelli dragon corsas (?)

what do you suggest? the person who told me about the metzlers said he had pilot powers before he got them and said he won't go back to powers now...

thanks for your opinion

Last edited by WutupYo; 03-20-2007 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Pro

CRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to all
Default Re: tire suggestions

I like my pilot powers
Old 03-20-2007, 04:07 PM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

ya i mean i've heard a lot of good about them, just getting some opinions i may have not heard. i am most likely going to get some pilot powers cuz they aren't as priceys as the other two
Old 03-20-2007, 10:38 PM
hype-r

Boost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond repute

Pilot powers.../thread.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:58 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

they are all good, anyone that tells you one is garbage or another is the only good one doesn't have a clue, i mean we have preferences but its all in our heads... that is, as long as you go with the major brands, pirelli, michelin, dunlop, metzler... i'd just get whatever you find the best deal on or hell whatever tread design you think looks the coolest
Old 03-21-2007, 05:58 AM
Registered Member

Runnin13s is on a distinguished road

pilot powers are what i ride on and i feel very comfortable on them and trust them completely. but im pretty sure the the metzlers and the qualifiers all stack up the same because i think they are all made from about the same material. although, i will always buy pilot powers.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:32 AM
Capt. Spaulding

simplsi has disabled reputation

just a little input.

Metzler M3's (not m5) are a great tire. In my opinion they are the best tire you asked about. They are a dual compound tire, which mean that they have soft almost race quality compound on the shoulders, and a hard compound in the center. That is great for riding, so you can get on the highway and not wear down your soft tire, but when your on the twisties you can really rub the elephant (get low and over) I would and have and will continue to go with them.

Pilot powers are also a great tire though, Technology know a days is making all the tire company's similar in what there producing for the market. The only problem I have however with pilot powers (and please try to remember this is just my opinion) is that if you were to stand a M3 and a pilot power next to each other and compare the over all shape. A pilot power would be more oval shaped and a m3 would be more overall round. Therefore you would wear down the pilot faster not getting as many miles out of it. But don't get me wrong, that is a great tire. And michellin got on the bandwagon devloped a dual compound tire as well (pilot power 2ct) I haven't got much input back from riders on that one yet, seeing as how this is the first season they are out, they should be priced only about 10-15 more then regulare powers, if you decide on powers go with the 2ct and let us know what you think

the dragon corsa's im pretty confident in saying stay away from them for a strictly street tire. You'd be paying way to much for that thing, and you could get the diablo corsa 3 (which was also released this season, and a dual compound since thats the future of all tyres) for much cheaper and they are great tires as well, but like i said tyre company's now are making all the tires to simillar, if you jumped on the same bike with the different tires chances are a pro could tell no problem, a experienced rider would probably sence a slight difference in something on the bike, and a fairly new rider would have no idea.

This is all In my opinion, so please don't start any hating over what has been said by me, But go with the M3's

Brian
Old 03-21-2007, 08:09 AM
WWW.TEAMDOHC.ORG

CIVIC2C has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I love Pilot Powers, I have gone threw three sets of them.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:33 AM
GLHF

Originally Posted by simplsi
just a little input.

Metzler M3's (not m5) are a great tire. In my opinion they are the best tire you asked about. They are a dual compound tire, which mean that they have soft almost race quality compound on the shoulders, and a hard compound in the center. That is great for riding, so you can get on the highway and not wear down your soft tire, but when your on the twisties you can really rub the elephant (get low and over) I would and have and will continue to go with them.

Pilot powers are also a great tire though, Technology know a days is making all the tire company's similar in what there producing for the market. The only problem I have however with pilot powers (and please try to remember this is just my opinion) is that if you were to stand a M3 and a pilot power next to each other and compare the over all shape. A pilot power would be more oval shaped and a m3 would be more overall round. Therefore you would wear down the pilot faster not getting as many miles out of it. But don't get me wrong, that is a great tire. And michellin got on the bandwagon devloped a dual compound tire as well (pilot power 2ct) I haven't got much input back from riders on that one yet, seeing as how this is the first season they are out, they should be priced only about 10-15 more then regulare powers, if you decide on powers go with the 2ct and let us know what you think

the dragon corsa's im pretty confident in saying stay away from them for a strictly street tire. You'd be paying way to much for that thing, and you could get the diablo corsa 3 (which was also released this season, and a dual compound since thats the future of all tyres) for much cheaper and they are great tires as well, but like i said tyre company's now are making all the tires to simillar, if you jumped on the same bike with the different tires chances are a pro could tell no problem, a experienced rider would probably sence a slight difference in something on the bike, and a fairly new rider would have no idea.

This is all In my opinion, so please don't start any hating over what has been said by me, But go with the M3's

Brian
yes it was the M3's, sorry, i wasn't too sure of what exactly they were. but thanks for your post, i wasn't aware they were dual compound
Old 03-21-2007, 09:22 AM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

The new Continental "Attack" Series tires are just as good as Michelins and cost a lot less. Nice deep tread and sticky. I run them on my Supermoto and Stunt bike.

Last edited by Armenian; 03-21-2007 at 09:39 AM.

Quick Reply: tire suggestions