Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

tippie toes!

Old 02-11-2006, 03:21 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bustadust can only hope to improve
Default tippie toes!

Ok basically i will be getting my bike at april as some people may know. And i was at the dealership looking at the bike i exactly want. Ninja 650 (all black model- with little red on pipin n such) but as i went to sit on it standing it straight up i had only half my foot on the ground or like my tipie toes. Is this a problem or is this how all bikes feel. I mean this is my first bike so i need insight on this. Like i am 5'9-5'10 and i figured this would be tall enuff to have my foot completely on the ground planted... Or do u not really need this? shed me some light please
Old 02-11-2006, 04:41 AM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts
Default Re: tippie toes!

On my bikes im on my tippie toes and I have no problems with handling my bikes a a stop. If its a problem for you. you can always get a lowering link for the rear and drop the tripple trees in the front.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:59 AM
Registered Member

suadi's gto has disabled reputation

When you come to a complete stop (before you put your feet down, you gotta be calm and relax) otherwise, your nervousness will cause unbalance and not able to hold the bike down
Old 02-11-2006, 07:43 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by V8 Hunter
On my bikes im on my tippie toes and I have no problems with handling my bikes a a stop. If its a problem for you. you can always get a lowering link for the rear and drop the tripple trees in the front.
My first bike was a bit tall for me and I was on my toes a bit too.. At first that made me incredibly uncomfortable because you obviously don't necessarily have complete control of a motorcycle if you can't flat foot.. but I got more and more comfortable with it, and stopping was never an issue once I was comfortable. The hardest part was backing up with your toes.

Now I wouldn't have it any other way though.

Anyway, like he said, if it's an issue, it can be lowered to suit you... just don't lower it too much.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:19 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

When at a stop I always like to have my right foot on the brake and that puts me flat footed with my left. I fall in the same category as you..about 5'9" or 5'10".
Old 02-11-2006, 09:44 AM
aka GSXR

Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy

wtf, im like 5'9" and i can put both feet flat on the ground on my 03 gsxr 750. when i sit all the way in the back of my seat im on my toes (on both feet) and keep perfect balance tho. This is the same way wit me for the 05 r6, and on the 05 sv650s (close to the ninja probly) i could rest my feet flat on the ground wit my legs bent a bit. But then again one of my friends is shorter than me and keeps perfect balance wit his left foot toes on the ground, and his right foot on the brake.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

I keep perfect balance on the one foot.

People do have different length legs at any given height. I'm sure that's the difference. Also, it seems the seat is higher on the new sport bikes when compared to a few years back. I could flat foot on my '01 ZX6R with a little bend at the knew, but I couldn't on the '06 ZX6R (636)
Old 02-11-2006, 03:41 PM
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY

im 6'4" i flat foot everything...
Old 02-11-2006, 05:16 PM
Registered Member

Bustadust can only hope to improve

well all i need is like a 1/2 inch or a whole inch....would lowering this void the warranty?
Old 02-11-2006, 05:31 PM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

Originally Posted by Bustadust
well all i need is like a 1/2 inch or a whole inch....would lowering this void the warranty?
Should not void your warranty. If you are worried, take it to a dealership.
Many so called sport bike experts advise against lowering a sportbike due to geometry differences. I think (and I'm an older rider) that the added stability for a newer rider is worth any MINISCULE difference in handling performance. Just don't lower it too much and you'll be fine. I can't flat foot my 600RR but I can with my Ducati (lowered for the girlfriend). I'm 5'-10". Good Luck.