Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Thinking about debadging

Old 07-02-2006, 02:46 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random
Default Howl Shingami Project

Since my bike is ip awaiting parts, i was thinking about debadging the bike. I know most of you have done it already, so my question is what did you use and how long did it take? I amgoing to tapeworks to get a custom graphic for the side fairings to match the color of my rim tape (reflective black). Here is the design:

Last edited by Real Random; 07-15-2006 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:08 PM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich
Default Re: Thinking about debadging

Look very close at the tank..........some Hondas have the decals clear-coated.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

that one is going to stay. I actually like that one, the CBR/600RR shiz is going out the window. Its going to be Bleach themed
Old 07-02-2006, 04:22 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

use a heat gun or a blow dryer to soften up the decals, they'll come off pretty easy. to get off any glue residue, use spray polish. spray it on REAL thick, let it sit for a few seconds, and it'll wipe right off, and won't hurt the paint any.

and btw ALL honda's (and most every other modern bike on the planet) have the tank decals under the clearcoat. it's to keep them from peeling if/when you spill gas on them.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Registered member

blow dryer or heat gun... I need to get one...
Old 07-02-2006, 04:46 PM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
use a heat gun or a blow dryer to soften up the decals, they'll come off pretty easy. to get off any glue residue, use spray polish. spray it on REAL thick, let it sit for a few seconds, and it'll wipe right off, and won't hurt the paint any.

and btw ALL honda's (and most every other modern bike on the planet) have the tank decals under the clearcoat. it's to keep them from peeling if/when you spill gas on them.

Close...........not ALL Hondas have them clear-coated. Not sure how they decided which ones would get cleared and which ones don't. My 04 600RR Candy Blue was not clear-coated.....hence my new decals.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:58 PM
hatrs make me famous

Originally Posted by DoingOK
Close...........not ALL Hondas have them clear-coated. Not sure how they decided which ones would get cleared and which ones don't. My 04 600RR Candy Blue was not clear-coated.....hence my new decals.

that's because not all the honda's actually HAVE paint, alot of them just have colored plastic.

on a side note... if you do happen to have a bike with nonpainted, colered plastic... that stuff is damn near impossible to plastic weld properly.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Registered member

Well bike is free of CBR markings and RR crap. new question. I noticed the barends on the CBR(at least the 06's) are notched, will aftermarket ends work on them?
Old 07-06-2006, 04:11 PM
hatrs make me famous

Originally Posted by AFwestPunk
Well bike is free of CBR markings and RR crap. new question. I noticed the barends on the CBR(at least the 06's) are notched, will aftermarket ends work on them?
just get aftermarket ends made for honda's. you can use other kinds if you file a notch in them, and use a screw that fits the bar. the lead wieght that's inside the honda bar will aso come out, just take out the lil metal clip on the end, screw the screw into the hole a bit, and pull it out, then you can use regular bar ends with the rubber grommet on them.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
just get aftermarket ends made for honda's. you can use other kinds if you file a notch in them, and use a screw that fits the bar. the lead wieght that's inside the honda bar will aso come out, just take out the lil metal clip on the end, screw the screw into the hole a bit, and pull it out, then you can use regular bar ends with the rubber grommet on them.
Again you are a wealth of knowledge that i will exploit, THANKS!

Quick Reply: Thinking about debadging