Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Suzuki SV love?

Old 01-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bustadust can only hope to improve
Default Suzuki SV love?

Ok basically this question retains only to ppl who have truely daily driven a suzuki SV and truely daily driven another bike(mostly steve because i know u had a sv650), basically i rode my boys bike *03 gsx 600* and yea i like how it felt, but damn we both agreed my bike was way more responsive, handled better, and just all around a better feeling bike to ride..i mean i dont know too much because SV650S 2006 is all i know, its all ive ever really ridden, and my boys bike was the first time i have ever ridden another real street bike before. so am i gonna encounter this with every bike i own after my sv, because if so then damn i dont think i can ever leave it. (maybe upgrade to the SV1000 ) but pretty much my main question is, was the SV designed so nicely that it sort of beats the other bikes in the way it rides/feels? or is it just because im so use to it.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey
Default Re: Suzuki SV love?

You being used to it has a lot to do with it. When you're comfortable on a bike, it's easier to ride harder as well.

I can't speak on the exact bikes you've ridden (I have ridden a few SVs in the past, though), but the GSX-R is going to out perform the SV. The SV may feel more responsive because it has a torquey v-twin versus the GSX-Rs peaky inline four. Handling better, meh. It's got higher clip-ons and is a little easier to handle on the street.

The SV is a great bike and if you're comfortable, why go anywhere else? I would really like one to trick out sometime in the future. However, I don't see myself getting rid of my k6 GSX-R600 to buy a SV.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

Originally Posted by Corey
You being used to it has a lot to do with it. When you're comfortable on a bike, it's easier to ride harder as well.

I can't speak on the exact bikes you've ridden (I have ridden a few SVs in the past, though), but the GSX-R is going to out perform the SV. The SV may feel more responsive because it has a torquey v-twin versus the GSX-Rs peaky inline four. Handling better, meh. It's got higher clip-ons and is a little easier to handle on the street.

The SV is a great bike and if you're comfortable, why go anywhere else? I would really like one to trick out sometime in the future. However, I don't see myself getting rid of my k6 GSX-R600 to buy a SV.

make that two of us
Old 01-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by Jesus
make that two of us
Yup. Time to update your long out of date sig. lol
Old 01-15-2007, 07:15 PM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

I bought an SV brand new when it first came out in 99 and I'd never buy one again. JMO.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:12 AM
Registered Member

Bustadust can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Armenian
I bought an SV brand new when it first came out in 99 and I'd never buy one again. JMO.
lol
Old 01-16-2007, 04:57 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

i came from a 04 sv650s to a 06 gsxr600. my sv had 17,500 miles on it when i sold it, and i have about 9,000 miles on my gsxr.

my thoughts:

the sv was a great all around bike. i wish it handled better and had more power, but for mountains roads it was AWESOME. i loved the torque coming out of the corners. i loved sliding around the rear tire and being able to control it so well with the power on demand. im not going to lie, i miss the v-twin sometimes.

the gsxr- just flat out a million times better of a bike in my opinion. the first time i rode it, it was smoother, way more powerfull, easier to flick around. the first time i really RODE the bike, i was smiling ear to ear. the power delievery on a 4 cylinder took some getting used to after riding and learning on a v-twin, but now i love it. i like the more agressive riding position as well.

with the sv, i had rear sets, gsxr suspension, and a few other things. i just felt like i had to do alot to get it where i liked it. i will never go back to a sv, but thats my opinion. it was a great starter bike, but to me thats all it was. i had plans for track days and racing, and the sv just wasnt my cup of tea. i want the top speed in the straight, and the awesome handling in the turns.

people always argued they could hang with supersports in the corners, but in the straights they were gone. i just think they werent hanging with the right guys. i think the same skills on a supersport would kill someone on a sv. the sv wasnt a bad bike by any means, you just really have to love it to love it..

plus, the gsxr looks 1297836429384278934 times better.

Last edited by onepointone; 01-16-2007 at 05:00 AM.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:23 AM
Registered Member

lYellowDragonl has disabled reputation

all im pretty much gonna say is that if you can be a good rider dont matter what bike you ride, sv vs gsxr you can out handle it. its all on the rider
Old 01-16-2007, 06:33 AM
Registered Member

tundrafiend01 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bustadust
Ok basically this question retains only to ppl who have truely daily driven a suzuki SV and truely daily driven another bike(mostly steve because i know u had a sv650), basically i rode my boys bike *03 gsx 600* and yea i like how it felt, but damn we both agreed my bike was way more responsive, handled better, and just all around a better feeling bike to ride..i mean i dont know too much because SV650S 2006 is all i know, its all ive ever really ridden, and my boys bike was the first time i have ever ridden another real street bike before. so am i gonna encounter this with every bike i own after my sv, because if so then damn i dont think i can ever leave it. (maybe upgrade to the SV1000 ) but pretty much my main question is, was the SV designed so nicely that it sort of beats the other bikes in the way it rides/feels? or is it just because im so use to it.
I assume this is the Katana and not the GSXR? If this is the case, your assumptions about the SV are correct. For the most part, GSX's are turds....
Old 01-16-2007, 08:16 AM
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation

i have an sv...

its yellow..its the fastest.......color

Quick Reply: Suzuki SV love?