Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Sunrise Cycle warning

Old 03-29-2005, 10:25 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Sunrise Cycle warning

Had a customer come in to get a full exhaust and power commander installed on his 05' gsx-r 600, he had just bought it from Sunrise Cycle who I'm sure you 757 guys are familiar with, he was telling me how they were mostly assholes to him and he felt like he had been ripped off... i explain to him that he doesn't need the power commander at all since the stock computer is programmable and he might try returning it, he said they told him he had to have it if he got a full system, but they gave it to him for free so he didn't care... well when the tech opens on the box, starts to put on the exhaust and is like this is just not right at all, look on the box and its for a R6, so we call the customer and he comes back in and gets the exhaust, he shows me the receipt and it looks like they hid the price of the power commander by giving it to him for "free" and then raising the price of the exhaust to nearly $1,200, so he got a 600$ exhaust, a $250 power commander, and a bogus extra near $500 as a show of appreciation for buying a brand new bike from them, the guy was new to bikes and they saw him coming from a mile away... they tell him they have the correct exhaust in stock and will overnight express it to my shop, thats been almost a week and no sign of an exhaust

heard plenty of bad things about them, but this is my closest experience with them
Old 03-29-2005, 10:31 AM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4
Default Re: Sunrise Cycle warning

Talk to Skiv on Cycleforums about them....................

Our club/shop gets a good discount from them, I also bought my bike from them (didn't finance with them though) so I can't complain.................
Old 03-29-2005, 10:40 AM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

I had cash in hand for a brand new 636.........at the last minute they wanted to charge me $400 for setup fee. I laughed at them and walked out. The final price out the door was agreed upon a week prior to their bullshit. I'm not some poor confused 20 year old kid so I could imagine the deals they come up with. Bought the 600RR instead. Some people have been happy with them.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:27 AM
Registered Member

Alwayslast is an unknown quantity at this point

Back in 2001 when i went to look at the R6 at Sunrise, the salesman told me $10,800 for it. He said it was a "hot bike" and everyone was buying them. There was another guy looking at the bike too, we both walked out after hear that price.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:41 AM
Custom User Title

mnchvgs79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah they are right down the road from me, the only non-slimy dealershit I have been to hear was the one where I bought my bike, Honda of Norfolk. H.O.N was great.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:45 AM
Clean Freak.

Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean

I bought my Seadoo from them in '97 with cash, so no financing. I take it in every year to get it winterized, and they have treated me good so far.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:01 PM
Registered Member

kwth8n has disabled reputation

i bought my very first bike from them like 4 years ago. i paid out the ass for a used bike cause i didnt know any better. i had just turned 21. it was a 97 vfr 750. well i wrecked it some time later, and the insurance guy told me that i couldnt get it fixed there becuase they've had problems with them in the past, so they were "banned". i think i was with nationwide at the time. ended up at cycleworld and ive been loyal to them ever since. so far, so good.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:30 PM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

Originally Posted by mnchvgs79
Yeah they are right down the road from me, the only non-slimy dealershit I have been to hear was the one where I bought my bike, Honda of Norfolk. H.O.N was great.

That's where I got my Honda. Very happy with the service.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:43 PM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

I went to Sunrise back in the day when i was first gonna get a bike. I inquired about the new R6 (I guess that would be an '03) and had the lady run my credit info to see if i could finance. She said it would take a few hours and to call back that night around 6 (cause i told her i live in Yorktown and that it was a long drive and that i didnt want to sit around and wait). So i call there at 6 and ask for the lady. I say its me and i was just trying to see what the status is on the credit report. She replies with "Who?" I said its ME and I applied about 2 hours ago for an '03 R6, my name is BLAH! She says "Who?.............Oh..........oh yeah, um.....BLAH.....yeah i have your paperwork sitting right here on my desk! Your credit report still hasnt come back yet, sorry." So i just hung up on the bitch and said "Fuck those fuckers"

Sunrise Cycles
Old 03-29-2005, 06:19 PM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

I've gone in there to look at bikes and its been hit or miss. Sometimes they're cool and knowledgeable and other times I can't get helped or they're talking out of their ass about bikes and prices. Casey is also hit or miss like most dealerships in the area. Only place I haven't heard complaints about or had them piss me off personally is red line up in yorktown

Quick Reply: Sunrise Cycle warning