VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Cycle Corner (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/)
-   -   Sunday ride............... (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/sunday-ride-59735/)

CBR600F4 07-14-2004 04:48 PM

Sunday ride...............

Getting a ride together for Sunday.

Talk to R6buttercup if you need a reason to show up!!!! ;)

Pm me or post up on here that you wanna role on out and I'll pm ya with time and location.

Boots, jeans, jacket, gloves, helmet all required at a minimum. We don't roll around off and on ramps; we ride. Be prepared for turn after twistie after turn. No traffic or cops; just a fun time.

Follow the lead. Look and pay attention for hand and foot signals and you'll be fine.

Everyone should know the basic turn signals, hand on helmet is for a cop nearby, hand tapping tail from leader means "stay on my ass, I'm prolly gonna pass someone", leg outstretched means there is shit in the road and too be careful/slowdown, hand moving up and down to the side means keep it slow: prolly a tight turn coming up, if I pass someone and you don't; wait for my thumb's up for no oncoming traffic.

Stay in a staggered formation, but leave room in the twisties. And use your lane for the turns, but DON'T cross the yellow in a blind turn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And DON'T panic if you come into a turn too damn hot. Don't jam on the brakes or try and stand it up. Let off the throttle and lean like your life depended on it; cause it prolly does!!!!!!!

Let me know who's all up for this.................................

CBR600F4 07-14-2004 04:50 PM

Re: Sunday ride...............

Oh ya; sticky please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Jesus 07-14-2004 04:53 PM

I will go hit up on pm or email

Abysalone 07-14-2004 05:24 PM

If my key set gets here im down.

tiki240 07-14-2004 06:08 PM

is this gonna be with the coast riders?

R1Buttercup 07-14-2004 08:24 PM

I'm out, but I will be there next next weekend. Like CBR said be prepared to ride and follow hand signals. It's a fun ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Del La Sol 1320 07-14-2004 08:30 PM

i'd like to ride, but tossing around the idea of getting a blue ridge parkway run together for sunday, thats probably what i'll end up doing... but then again i've ridden that plenty of times already, i'd like to see what pungo's all about

but to get to you guys in time i'd probably have to wake up super early in the AM

CBR600F4 07-15-2004 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
but to get to you guys in time i'd probably have to wake up super early in the AM

Why?

It should only take you about 30 min's to get here without much traffic on the roads......................

CBR600F4 07-15-2004 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by tiki240
is this gonna be with the coast riders?

With some of them..............

Del La Sol 1320 07-15-2004 05:14 AM

do you have a adress or zip code of where we would be meeting up... and what time? if i don't have to get up at 6am to make it on time i'm pretty sure i'd be down

CBR600F4 07-15-2004 05:31 AM

Dude; it should only take you 30-45 minutes to get here doing the speed limit on the highway.

tiki240 07-15-2004 06:48 AM

i dont think im down then, from the way i got flamed over on the CF coast riders forum i dont think im welcome. my bike still doesnt technically exist.

Del La Sol 1320 07-15-2004 07:25 AM

i live in Richmond... its over 2 hours... what time are you guys heading out?

Howie i didn't see any thread on CR in which you got flamed? i guess i can see them being sketchy about maybe the lack of insurance thing, if something were to happen that could effect them... but the rest of it would all be on you if you got pulled, if i don't do the CR ride then i'm definetly going to BRP and your welcome to come along

_____ 07-15-2004 07:37 AM

yea Id like to go too but dont have a jacket :(

CBR600F4 07-15-2004 08:08 AM

It doesn't take me two hours to get to Richmond; only takes me 45mins to get to Williamsburg..............................

i dont think im down then, from the way i got flamed over on the CF coast riders forum i dont think im welcome. my bike still doesnt technically exist.

And you got flamed cause you asked to borrow someone's license plate..........what did you really expect???????????

Del La Sol 1320 07-15-2004 08:29 AM

i live in richmond... which is an hour away from williamsburg, so two hours

CBR600F4 07-15-2004 09:56 AM

i live in richmond... which is an hour away from williamsburg, so two hours

That blows dude.........................sorry. Now I can see why you never come down here.

tiki240 07-15-2004 10:18 AM

well i didnt expect to be flamed beyond belief, thats for sure. maybe some insight as to how to expediate the process, or ideas of how to get out and ride, or maybe someone offering to let me rent a spare bike or something. dont get me wrong, im not trash talking them by any means, I simply dont feel welcome amongst their ranks. henceforth, ill stick to riding peninsula with the KHC.

Del La Sol 1320 07-15-2004 10:19 AM

jump ship on your CR boys since your having a hard time getting them off their asses, and come ride the BRP

Jesus 07-15-2004 10:44 AM

have to do something sun shit.. next time.

_____ 07-15-2004 12:27 PM

Hey Brett, can I ride with you guys without a jacket?...lol

CBR600F4 07-15-2004 01:01 PM

well i didnt expect to be flamed beyond belief, thats for sure. maybe some insight as to how to expediate the process, or ideas of how to get out and ride, or maybe someone offering to let me rent a spare bike or something. dont get me wrong, im not trash talking them by any means, I simply dont feel welcome amongst their ranks. henceforth, ill stick to riding peninsula with the KHC.

It only seemed so bad cause EVERYONE and their grandmama's decided to throw in their two cents worth. One person posting one thing would have been cool, but about 6 people all decided to beat the horse after it was dead. If you remember it was me who put the stop to it! ;)

jump ship on your CR boys since your having a hard time getting them off their asses, and come ride the BRP

You ain't lyin' man!!!!!! Mark will be there and John, as well as a couple others though; so it should be good to go!

Mr.6 07-15-2004 01:43 PM

Well, ive been tellin Bret i would ride up there, so since im closer to pungo as it is, i can wait for another weekend. Id like to check out BRP, its a long ass ride just to get there, and my hand will get tired. If i have people roll with me then im down for it. :D

R1Buttercup 07-15-2004 02:45 PM

WTF guys, it a damn ride. From point A to B to C whatever, it's riding and Pungo is FUN-twisties and NO COPS!!! All backroads, doesn't matter the experience or skill level, just take it easy and follow the hand signals. I will be there next next weekend CBR since I can't ride this weekend. It's worth to cross the water!!!!!!!

Jesus 07-15-2004 04:47 PM

anyone riding sat?

CBR600F4 07-15-2004 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jesus
anyone riding sat?

..................working......................... ............ :(

Mr.6 07-15-2004 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jesus
anyone riding sat?

I probably will in the morning. I got my nephews b-day startin at noon, and then the grown up party starting at 8 :D

Del La Sol 1320 07-15-2004 05:30 PM

some of you guys should come to da R-I-C tomorrow night or saturday night... i mean if you don't mind posing on the bikes, some people are absolutely miserable doing it... but i save my hard riding for when its actually light out, so i don't mind sitting on the bike talking and meeting people and watching people screw around

Abysalone 07-15-2004 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by geonfreaq
Hey Brett, can I ride with you guys without a jacket?...lol

You can borrow mine just dont fugg it up. :D

Turizmo01 07-16-2004 12:18 AM

how many ppl do you have that are riding so far CBR?