Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Suggestions on first sports bike?

Old 05-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chrish2o has disabled reputation
Default Suggestions on first sports bike?

I have been riding for the past 4 years on my Harley 883 sportster. I have done everything I can with this bike and gotten to the point were i need something
  • Faster
  • Takes Sharper corners
  • weighs less
I have ridden friends street bike and just love the speed off the line and handling so ive decided to finally get one.
Can anyone help suggest something I am an experience rider, Im short 5'6" So I need something really no higher than 28-29 inch seat hieght. Enough power to get the front wheels off the ground easily and jump off the line.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and if you have a bike your selling defiantly let me know.

Thank you
Chris
Old 05-08-2006, 04:44 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default Re: Suggestions on first sports bike?

the k6 gsxr600 is a good bike with a pretty low seat height. i own one and i think if you have the basics down, it would be a good bike to get. look around on ebay, or at dealerships.. ect.

all in all, people will preach their brand of choice, but in reality, all of them are so close in performance, it wont really matter what you get. go sit on a bunch of them and see what you like best.

my 2 cents..
Old 05-08-2006, 05:44 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

Originally Posted by onepointone
the k6 gsxr600 is a good bike with a pretty low seat height. i own one and i think if you have the basics down, it would be a good bike to get. look around on ebay, or at dealerships.. ect.

all in all, people will preach their brand of choice, but in reality, all of them are so close in performance, it wont really matter what you get. go sit on a bunch of them and see what you like best.

my 2 cents..
+1
Old 05-08-2006, 10:15 AM
Registered Member

cmattoni has disabled reputation

A ducati monster might also do the trick for you. Great handling, enough muscle in the 750/900cc bikes. More torquey which is what you've had in the past, but not nearly the high end or over 75mph oomph.

Also, specifically for shorter riders they are great.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:28 AM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

im 5'8 and i can flatfoot my 04 R6, you can shave the seat if you have to and that will save you an inch or so on them. just pick whatever you like the best as far as looks/seating position and what was said above is pretty much true about them being about equal in power and handling.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:27 AM
apex-digital.net

slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6

Any of the 600's would be great. Just go sit on all of them and see which one feels the best for you.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:15 PM
Crv-tec ??

BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK

I was surprised how low my 06 gsxr sits but still handles great... That would be the bike I recomend but like everyone else already said sit on them before you buy anything!
Old 05-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

the Gsxr is IMO the best balanced bike. its inspires confidence in your riding, and its a very forgivable machine. even riding my K3 1000 GSXR i feel right at home in the twisties. GSXR 750 would be my vote.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:21 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

A buddy of mine rides a 2003 R6 and is about your height. Without lowering the bike, he has to stand on his toes if he wants both legs down. He usually keeps his foot on the brake and the other flat on the ground according to him.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:46 AM
hype-r

Boost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond repute

Go with a 600 rr. For being a smaller person they are easy to control.

Quick Reply: Suggestions on first sports bike?