Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Stolen bike.

Old 06-09-2007, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s2k7 has disabled reputation
Default Stolen bike.

So uhm, it wasnt my bike that was stolen, but a neighbors bike in my complex that was stolen in Newport News. It's a 03' Kawasucki ZX6R, blue, pretty much stock except for a D&D pipe. It was takin' June 8th between 3-5am. If anyone knows anything hit me up and I'll contact you with his name and number. He's offering a 3k reward for the obtaining of his bike. Im aware this shit is probably in peices by now, but usually within the following 36 hours of obtaining a stolen bike its usually still in the back of a van/minivan. Sooooo, its a long shot.

Now, whats scarey is my bike was parked right next to his He made the mistake (like everyday, which was a matter of time before it was stolen)to always back it into a parking spot so theives could just back up and roll it in. I always park my bike to where my car blocks it in, with a cover on it. Anything I can do to just by that extra bit of time theives usually dont want to take to steal a bike. So if they want that shit that bad, they have to pick up (litterally with the steering lock) and walk it around on the curb around about 6 other cars. If they want it that bad, they can have it.

I'm hitting up redline today about lojack. A close friend of mine was at patrick henry mall the other day and he came out and that shit was gone. Right in the middle of a mall parking lot and they have nothing on it. Crazy how bad this is getting.

Last edited by s2k7; 06-09-2007 at 06:43 AM.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:47 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Stolen bike.

Best of luck finding it!!! I'll keep my eyes peeled for "no title" 636's for sale on kawiforums and any other boards I'm on. A lot of people try to part them out or sell them as track or stunt bikes, since they're not required to have titles or be registered.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:50 AM

Yeah, let me know. If theres pictures posted hit me up, theres a few small things about his bike that I would be able to tell if its his or not.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:05 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

check craigslist. but something tells me it was takin to NC, Maryland or DC
will BOLO though. I am going to keep my bike on my truck once i finish it.
Which complex in NN? I used to live out there
Old 06-09-2007, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by AFwestPunk
I am going to keep my bike on my truck once i finish it.
Better keep a chain on that bia, because its just as easy for them to get it out of truck also.

Anyway, there used to be another bike that parked in visitor parking. Its not there (that I can see from the balcony) Im gonna walk over there ina few and see if maybe he moved it after reading the flyer the guy put up about his being stolen. If not, i can only assume they picked his up as well (which was a cruiser, so im not too sure)

I'm starting to think he pissed some people off or something, because theres a brand new r1, and quite a few more bikes around here there weren't touched. Unless they are comming back for more :x

Last edited by s2k7; 06-09-2007 at 07:26 AM.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:30 AM
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

Originally Posted by Nates95Accord
... Unless they are comming back for more :x
Yea man somone had to be first
Old 06-09-2007, 07:36 AM

zx636skiv is on a distinguished road

That always sucks, hope he had full coverage on it. I remember the days when I lived in an apartment. I actually drilled a hole in the concrete and set an anchor with an eye bolt in it. That way I could run a chain through it and my wheel. I was fortunate enough that I also had a breezeway that I was able to park mine in so it wasn't in plain view of the street.

If you are keeping yours in the back of your truck, run a cable through your rim to one of the tie down points with a lock on it. It's easier for them to take it from the back of a truck to a van because they don't have to lift it much.

I always do as much as possable to make it harder for thieves to get my shit. Mine now stays in a locked garage, with the alarm and disc lock on at all times!

And good luck with finding it.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:51 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

I got so many locks for my bike it is insane. plus i have some special rigged on the bike in case someone feels foolish enough to take it
Old 06-09-2007, 07:52 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Even if you don't have full coverage, you can still add comprehensive coverage which would protect you from theft. It's much cheaper than collision.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:26 AM
aka GSXR

Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy

yup, shit sucks, u gotta get some gps shit or lojack, cuz ppl will steal bikes during the day, from the sidewalk in front of your house, a foot away from your front door, even with a family member at home all day....

thank goodness I had comprehensive this time.

but ya, sorry to hear about your neighbor, once in a while they recover bikes...but thats pretty much only because 1 of the bikes will have lojack.

Last edited by Stea1thy; 06-09-2007 at 08:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Stolen bike.