Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

skroozlooze clutch job

Old 04-29-2006, 03:50 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bustadust can only hope to improve
Default skroozlooze clutch job

yo i tried PMing u but wouldnt load the page.....im getting a new performance clutch for my sv650 S 2006, i wanted to know if u wanna do it, like one day i come by and i guess just stay there, because u live in va beech and i wouldnt want to come back from hampton to pick it up, so just come by early one day and how long would u think it would take?
Old 04-29-2006, 04:13 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation
Default Re: skroozlooze clutch job

in all honesty, we're so backed up right now i doubt i could get you in and out in a day. i'd have to ok it with my boss, but i can't make any promises. i've got several motors torn down right now, and probably 20-30 bikes that are in line to be worked on. i'll talk to bossman on monday and see what i can do, and i'll let you know something asap.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:19 PM
Registered Member

3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute

performance clutch... after you looped it just taking off from a stoplight with your girl?? Not trying to take busines from steve but why do you need a performance clutch??
Old 04-29-2006, 08:06 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

you know, i was gonna ask about that...

why do you need a clutch in a 2006?? is it slipping?

if it's not slipping, leave it alone. unless you're drag racing alot, OEM clutched are the best you can get. even then, they still work good.

if it is slipping, what the hell did you do to the bike that smoked the clutch? clutching wheelies doesn't fry a clutch that fast (i do it constantly )
Old 04-30-2006, 06:44 AM
Registered Member

lmao at the comment about my girl..anyways i had it readjusted at 680 miles..because it was slipping......and after a week of having it readjusted..if im doin like 60-70mph and i completely gun it..it just slips away, only at high speeds and only if im completely guning it..so im just tired of the slip bs so i just want to buy a strong clutch..
Old 04-30-2006, 06:47 AM
Registered Member

btw it started doing it after doing only 3 burnouts.....spaced out by several hours lmao..yes guys i ride bikes to have fun, not to just commute.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:44 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

it shouldnt of burnt that clutch out. i gave my clutch on my 04 sv hell and i had 17,5xx miles on it when i sold it. make sure its adjusted right and your letting the lever all the way out when your riding. i thought mine was slipping, turned out my gloves made me rest my hand on the lever in a way that it didnt release it all the way.

your clutch should not be toasted...
Old 04-30-2006, 08:13 AM
Registered Member

3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute

Its an 06 I would take it back to the dealership and raise hell, And I ride bikes only to have fun I cant commute and I clutch up whellies alot and do the occasional burnout and my clutch is hella strong in my 02 and I give it hell every day I ride and my clutch is 4 years old and has 9000 miles on it
Old 04-30-2006, 10:19 AM
Registered Member

skroozlooze what should i dooooooo! lol
Old 04-30-2006, 10:30 AM
Registered Member

ok i just took it out for a 5 minute spin...here is exact details of what its doing.....if im doing any speed over 45mph and i COMPLETELY gun the throttle...keywords are completely, i have to be gunning it as hard as i can, it just slips..last week i took it to the dealer for the 600 mile maintence and they said they readjusted the clutch and it was fine and dandy....only ridin it for another 200 miles then it went back to slipping again....so what went wrong here guys?

Quick Reply: skroozlooze clutch job