Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Scammers....??

Old 02-08-2007, 06:29 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Runnin13s is on a distinguished road
Default Scammers....??

well, i have been looking into buying a couple more bikes.. and of course i have found some really good deals... and here are the Emails i have received from a couple of the people. .. i would like to know what you guys think of this as well as (since im pretty sure they are scammers ) think of a way to prove they are scammers or even bust them... all of these are from different people (some from cycle trader(magazine) that i emailed and others from craigslist)... to clear it up NO im not actually thinking of sending them any kind of money for shit. im not a dumb ass.

Hello ,

I still have the bike for sale . Right now i am located in United Kingdom , i just got married . The bike was bought from USA and has a US clean and clear title .I will handle the shipping. I have to sell the bike because i need the money for my honey moon (want to go in a DREAM honey moon) . My wife and i deserve it . The bike never been laid down, never had accidents. I sure hope that my lost is your gain . I am waiting your soon reply if you are interested to purchase my bike .

Thank you,

Chris
Hello again,

The motorcycle is located in United Kingdom with me and i sure hope that this is not an inconvenience in our deal because as i told you , i will handle the shipping and insurance to USA .Also the shipping company offers 7 days return policy time while you can check out and return the motorcycle if you don`t agree with its condition.The motorcycle comply with both US Environmental Protection Agency requirements concerning exhaust emissions, and the safety requirements of US Department of Transportation.The return is free of charge if you do it in 7 days.Once you will return the motorcycle , you will have your money back , due to their return policy. The price is in US Dollars . I am waiting your soon reply . Thank you !
Good Day
First I must tell you that I had to move to UK one month ago with my work and I took the bike with me hoping to drive it here as well. I work in Public relations departament at a hotel here and because of this job I change my home quite often. Here I had an unpleasant surprise because the bike is an US model and to pay the registration here in Europe, to pass all the emissions and standards ,the euro4 thing, and many other would be quite expensive and nobody would do it. I have tried to sell it locally but it was not succesfully.That is why I am trying to sell the bike back in USA, there will be no further problems because the bike passes US emissions standards and DOT & EPA as long as it has been purchased in US space. If interested please reply asap. Shipping takes 4-5 days.
Thank you for your time.
Hi Zach,
There are 11470 miles on it. The bike is in great condition, never dropped. It have a clear title and the price I will sell it for is $2,900.00. which is including all the shipping charges.
I live in Trenton but currently I am with work in United Kingdom ( London ) for the next approximately 5 months. Anyway, there shouldn't be any problem, because I am using PaySafe services so I can sell the bike without difficulty.
I left the bike in their custody before leaving overseas. They will take care of the delivery. There's a 10 days return policy so you will have the chance to test, inspect and ride it before final decision.
So if you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how PaySafe works and how we can move forward.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks

Last edited by Runnin13s; 02-08-2007 at 07:34 AM.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:32 AM
Registered Member

Default Re: Scammers....??

also all of these people have pictures of the bikes .. almost any picture i asked for they had.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:31 AM
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation

uhh....you seriously asking this question? if you go through it, they'll ask to escrow the money through a third party ala western union. say bye bye to your money and your imaginary bike.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:33 AM
Registered Member

hell no im not gonna go through with it ... but im trying to see if there is a way to make them think i am then busting them..
Old 02-08-2007, 08:00 AM
misunderestimated

Yamamaha has disabled reputation

whats up with the uk?
Old 02-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Registered Member

iono ...Maybe its because it will be harder to track them? iono i think its pretty odd how all them are there and they want to use a shipping service and the prices are pretty damn good.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:47 AM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

when your scamming your prices do you have to be high.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

slow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud of

i got the same emails from the first person. its a black 2003 R1 right? the first email i got was EXACTLY the same as the one you got. guy told me the bike was stock, but when he sent me pictures of it, it definately wasnt stock. but if its not a scam, someone is gonna get a deal with it. i'll look and see if i still have those emails
Old 02-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by slow4banger
i got the same emails from the first person. its a black 2003 R1 right? the first email i got was EXACTLY the same as the one you got. guy told me the bike was stock, but when he sent me pictures of it, it definately wasnt stock. but if its not a scam, someone is gonna get a deal with it. i'll look and see if i still have those emails
no actually it was for a GSXR 1000 ...
Old 02-08-2007, 01:20 PM
Registered Member

Alwayslast is an unknown quantity at this point

they are all scams. there are quite a few more of these "template" email scams out there. All the emails will specify a shipping detail, you cannot go pick it up and pay for it. the email address is either a made up address for this sale or a stolen email address. The pictures are stolen from other ads, ebay, or bike forums.

they keep the price under a certain amount so the FEDs won't get invovled.

I have seen alot of these scams on ebay and the local craigslist. No matter where the item is posted, ie. norfolk, richmond, washington DC craigslist, ebay, the seller will say the item is shipping from someother location, so there will be no way you can come by and check it out.

For example, I found a yamaha R1 for a real good deal, too good of a deal, in the norfolk craigslist. I emailed the guy, he replied that the bike is in houston,tx. and says the price includes shipping. I replied saying I live in houston and would like to pay and pick it up at the same time. At this point i thought I got the guy, but he replies saying it is already at the shipping terminal in houston and that it can't be picked up locally.

I also have a couple of emails about how the guys brother is selling the bike because his brother died in a car accident, one for a ducati and one for a honda. Excact carbon copies of each email but from different email addresses.

There is no deal unless you can go check out the bike in person.