Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

salvage title any special DMV req's ?

Old 06-25-2008, 09:30 PM
??

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003gt is a name known to all2003gt is a name known to all2003gt is a name known to all2003gt is a name known to all2003gt is a name known to all2003gt is a name known to all
Default salvage title any special DMV req's ?

i had to buy a new frame for my bike, it comes with a salvaged title, is there anything i need to be careful of from the guy i'm buying it from...its a motorcycle shop in GA...also is there anything special or difficult at DMV to register it ?

thanks
Old 06-26-2008, 12:33 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random
Default Re: salvage title any special DMV req's ?

It will be hard as hell in Va
Old 06-26-2008, 05:06 AM
??

2003gt is a name known to all2003gt is a name known to all2003gt is a name known to all2003gt is a name known to all2003gt is a name known to all2003gt is a name known to all

could you elaborate more....any idea why it will be hard ?
Old 06-26-2008, 06:30 AM
Registered Member

NoRider has disabled reputation

I'm pretty sure its against the law to ride a salvaged vehicle in Virginia... I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it as I was thinking of getting a salvaged Supra TT a while ago but couldn't due to this. If I'm wrong please correct me!
Old 06-26-2008, 06:40 AM
Its Lightish Red

JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab

Originally Posted by NoRider
I'm pretty sure its against the law to ride a salvaged vehicle in Virginia... I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it as I was thinking of getting a salvaged Supra TT a while ago but couldn't due to this. If I'm wrong please correct me!
I am correcting you because you are wrong. It just has to be registered with a Rebuilt Title and i believe there might be some inspections, google state laws on Rebuilt Vehicles
Old 06-26-2008, 07:20 AM
Registered Member

69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette

Originally Posted by TurboEH2
I am correcting you because you are wrong. It just has to be registered with a Rebuilt Title and i believe there might be some inspections, google state laws on Rebuilt Vehicles
Yes you have to take the salvage title and have the car inspected. You need to have receipts for the repair parts and documentation. After they inspect it and confirm the vin on everything they will give you a rebuilt title stamped with a R. At least that’s how it was on a car that I had fixed.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:01 AM
Registered Member

NoRider has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by TurboEH2
OK so it IS against the law to drive a vehicle with a salvaged title, its NOT against the law to get a rebuild title for it and drive it I honestly didn't know you could get a rebuild title and it would be fine.
Now what if its a rebuild title from another state thats been repaired? Can you then bring it into Virginia and get it titled as rebuilt? If thats the case then I want that supra! lol
Old 06-26-2008, 06:17 PM

zx636skiv is on a distinguished road

Here is some reading for you.
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...16000000000000

I purchased a 2000 ZX6R with a salvage title. I now ride it on the street with a rebuilt title.

My suggestions. Take plenty of before and after pictures, and keep all your receipts of what you did. The inspector will want to see that. Make sure your bike will pass all inspections, and don't make it obnoxious. Buy a stock can and make sure you have mirrors and turn signals. The inspections didn't take too long, once I got the appointment.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

Originally Posted by 2003gt
could you elaborate more....any idea why it will be hard ?
Was waiting on skiv to jump in since i know he knew of the subject
Old 06-26-2008, 07:12 PM
Its Lightish Red

JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab

Originally Posted by NoRider
OK so it IS against the law to drive a vehicle with a salvaged title, its NOT against the law to get a rebuild title for it and drive it I honestly didn't know you could get a rebuild title and it would be fine.
Now what if its a rebuild title from another state thats been repaired? Can you then bring it into Virginia and get it titled as rebuilt? If thats the case then I want that supra! lol
Sorry i didnt specify my comment. Yes you must obtain a Rebuilt Title.

As far as the bringing a rebuilt vehicle to VA, as long as it is documented properly on the title, then it is fair game.

Quick Reply: salvage title any special DMV req's ?