Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Ruckus guys... Need some help.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack
Default Ruckus guys... Need some help.

Just picked up an 08 Ruckus. It was sitting for a while. I pulled the carb and cleaned everything very well, the jets were all clogged from sitting with the new 10% ethanol gas crap. Made sure the lines were clean, new filter, tanks clean as a whistle. It will run really well, 41-42mph ish, for a mile or 2 then die out. I dont think the carb is the issue, because it wouldn't ever run well at all. The fuel pump is clicking, which I read is normal when its on, but its clicking loud. You can easily hear it over the scooter when its at idle. I read the pump doesn't pump that much volume, but I suspect this ones crapped out from having gas sit in it. I pulled the line at the carb and ran it, and it pumps very little, sometimes no fuel it seems like. I don't really want to spend the 80 bucks at honda for a new one, if this is in fact how these things work. Anyone local have any experience with these?
Old 08-23-2010, 07:03 AM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation
Default Re: Ruckus guys... Need some help.

did you replace the spark plug as well?.. i would also check the vavles. its not hard todo atall

pump probly went bad. i did a honda scooter one time awhile ago. it ran great. rode it around. then the customer came to pick it up. when we pulled it around it just dead an ran like it wasnt getting fuel. bc it wasnt haha pump took a shit. replaced the pump and boom! fixed. the scooter had the same problem urs did. sat for years with old ass gas..

i would also check the carb boots for air leaks, and all the vac lines. sum of those scooters fuel pump can be rebuild. if its anything like a aprilla scooter fuel pump it looks alot like the inside of jetski/seadoo/yamaha carb. so you might luck up and just clean it out. make sure all the ports are clean.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Rub my belly

Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha.

i know somebody who is selling a ruckus motor for dirt cheap,

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...941395426.html
Old 09-18-2010, 07:57 AM
やくざに成りたい

atmdc has disabled reputation

From what the guy told me when i bought my ruckus was that the ruckus doesnt really use a normal type of fuel pump. the engine kinda pulls the gas into it. so he said careful not to run out of gas or it will take a while to start the next time i fill it it because of that reason.