Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

rode for the first time :)

Old 03-05-2006, 09:19 AM
GLHF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo
Default rode for the first time :)

my buddy let me ride his bike just down the street. but i will say i'm addicted now

but i wanted to ask, any pointers and well basically, any good advice on riding that you all have learned since you've started? i'm still getting it all down.

Last edited by WutupYo; 03-05-2006 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:27 AM
Registered Member

gilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these parts
Default Re: rode for the first time :)

shiny side up!!!
Old 03-05-2006, 09:28 AM
Registered Member

95B18c1 95B18c1 95B18c1 95B18c1 95B18c1 95B18c1

TAKE YOUR TIME AND HAVE FUN
Old 03-05-2006, 06:55 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

take an msf course. you'll learn alot, and get a break on your insurance.

have fun, take it slow, don't feel like you ever have anything to prove to anyone... that'll get you introuble quick.

once you get comfortable, go to an open track day if you can. you'll learn more in one day on the track than you will in years of street riding. just beware... track time is addictive, just ask my wallet.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:07 AM

DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA

Originally Posted by gilligan
shiny side up!!!
+1
Old 03-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

When you get a bike, never let any of your buddys ride it, chances are they will drop it.. You just got lucky
Old 03-07-2006, 08:09 AM
aka GSXR

Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy

Originally Posted by GaRn
When you get a bike, never let any of your buddys ride it, chances are they will drop it.. You just got lucky
hell ya, or even sitting on it, and if ur friend drops it, theyre just like, oh my bad, does "my bad" take away scratches? um no
Old 03-07-2006, 09:51 AM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

Originally Posted by GaRn
well i've only rideen it twice, and the second time i rode it he just kinda threw the keys at me, lol

but the bike isn't really in all that great of shape, and he doesn't mind me learning on it. I guess thats what good friends are for.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:53 PM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

bastard! now i need to ride that thing haha
Old 03-07-2006, 11:05 PM
Registered Member

street101 has disabled reputation

"when in doubt twist it out" more often you will find that your brake will get you in more trouble than using the throttle. you first reaction to a scary situation will be to hit the brakes hard as you would in a car. Using the throttle to work you way out of a situation will be the best answer, becuase once your tires lock up you can call it a day. But be sure to only ease the throttle in turns or youll be eating pavement fast.
Always scan and know what is goin on around you becuase its more often the other vehicles on the road that will cause you to be in danger then your actions on the motorcycle.
last little tip for the twisties - keep your eyes where you plan to go so if you making a hard right turn look off in the distance on right and your body will take you there.
have fun.
be safe.
know your limits.

Quick Reply: rode for the first time :)