Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Road America superbike race..

Old 06-04-2006, 03:07 PM
ASE Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default Road America superbike race..

Glad to see Mladin is making a come back. he was getting off his game, but on the second race of the superbike double header, he was on effin fire. the before that red flag i was starting to think he wasnt going to be able to catch the front pack, but he caught a break with that. sucks for spies and duhamel. i couldnt believe spies started running into the 2'14's when mladin was leaving him running 2'11's. sucked bad for duhamel at the end.. seemed to loose power. i wonder what happened with that.

either way, a big FUCK YES for mladin. hopefully he can keep it up. hes only 21 points behind spies now.

anyone else catch the race? thoughts? comments?
Old 06-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Registered Member

Some_Day has disabled reputation
Default Re: Road America superbike race..

just got done watching it and mladin tore shit up! I believe at one point he pulled a 2:08, which is crazy! Spies definitely fell off at the end and given a couple more laps Zemke would have passed him for sure.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Fuck. I completely forgot about the race.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:32 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

as did i. damnit damnit damnit.

there's not many forms of motorsports that i can watch on tv.. but that's one of em.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:12 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

ama superbike racing is the only racing i keep up with. i watch motogp when its on (like today), but i dont really keep up with it much. i only know about rossi and hayden, everyone else is just like...

today was definately i good race. i think it re-airs sometime this week.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:59 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

the moto gp race was one of the best ever, i follow that obsessively... but watch ama when i can, watched both races and yea mladin was hauling ass, but he always seems to benefit from red flags when they happen so he got lucky in race one, wierd that when he gets good starts and ends up in 1st or 2nd in the first lap he can't hang with ben, but when he starts from like 18th place he can pass everyone and then put a gap on ben

i think one of the biggest things about him being off his game is he's just not used to racing with someone like that as of late
Old 06-05-2006, 08:05 AM
ASE Master

exactly. its not that mat is getting slower, its that ben is getting faster and finally someone is stepping up to give mat a bit of a challenge. i love watching him come from 11th place after restart, and 5 laps later hes ahead of ben, and by the end of the race, he has a 5.9 second gap on ben.

the motogp race was pretty good too. especially the last couple of laps with hayden trying to sqeeze in there, and rossi and capirossi (sp?) passing each other a couple of times. how old is rossi? i thought for some reason he was alot older than he looks. he looks younger than nicky hayden..
Old 06-05-2006, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

he's 27, hayden's 24... but yea he does look young