VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Cycle Corner (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/)
-   -   Rider Down (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/rider-down-252534/)

MA-HALF-E 08-31-2008 01:13 PM

Rider Down

Apparently there was a pretty serious accident on General Booth going towards the Oceanfront between Oceana and Birdneck. Had a couple phone calls from friends making sure it wasn't me because the bike looked similar to mine. They said it didn't look good, haven't found any news on it yet.

00lude 08-31-2008 02:20 PM

Re: Rider Down

This happened a couple hundred yards in front of me and my family on the way to the oceanfront. The red bike (couldn't tell which) was taveling with a silver BMW bike. It looks like a yellow Ford escape pulled in front of them as they were traveling toward the oceanfront. The red bike broadsided the SUV. I saw the rider and knew it was definitely not good. Two hours later while traveling home the scene was still there and you could tell the rider didn't make it.

RIP. The rest of you guys stay safe out there.

sir loin 08-31-2008 02:26 PM

damn.

RIP

SeanJohn 08-31-2008 02:39 PM

RIP.

MA-HALF-E 08-31-2008 03:01 PM

Just caught a blurb on the news. Not a lot of info, all I could tell was it a red bike that had an undertail exhaust and a personalized plate that read "sinna" or something similar.

RIP

Neo Xian Wu 08-31-2008 05:46 PM

Sucks to hear. Prayers go out to family and friends. RIP

00lude 08-31-2008 06:24 PM

27 yr old said to be speeding. No charges are being filed against the driver of the Escape.

DYEOne18 09-01-2008 03:16 AM

The onlything I don't understand is why people think that they own the roads around here. I can't tell you how many times I've had to pull off the road for people. The worst are the ones who think its awsome to text while their DRIVING. Thats why they make Bluetooth Headsets. I know that their life is not so important that they can disregard their safety and other people on they road. Just to do what they want.

zeroaffiliation 09-01-2008 03:18 AM

RIP

richie-rich88 09-01-2008 11:51 AM

I saw this crash yesterday!! i didnt see it happen but i was heading back to Sandbridge and im still a lil shaky about it but the rider def didnt make it. he was still in the middle of the road with a white blanket over him. their was blood spots showing on that blanket. thats why im still like shaky. and it sucked cuz traffic was really really slow and then it stopped and i happen to be right beside him except on the other side of the median soo i couldnt help but look.

To all riders out there! People who drive cars dont give me a shit about bikers. Ive seen this soo many times where a car is right on a bikers ass on the road. thats messed up. It pisses me off! >:0
Keep a lookout on ur surroundings!

RIP and prayers to the family and friends