Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Richmond Superbike?

Old 02-16-2009, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jbhondaeg has disabled reputation
Default Richmond Superbike?

Whats up everybody!
Was planing to paint my mid fairing pearl white to match the rest of the bike on my 07 cbr. Has anyone had paint work done by Richmond Superbike? If not, any other good paint shops you would recommend...
Thanks guys
-JB-
Old 02-16-2009, 09:31 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation
Default Re: Richmond Superbike?

matching pearls is NOT easy to do, so don't be surprised if the paint is a shade off or so.

haven't dealt with that particular shop, but I know a couple painters in the 757 area that could probably pull it off.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
matching pearls is NOT easy to do, so don't be surprised if the paint is a shade off or so.

haven't dealt with that particular shop, but I know a couple painters in the 757 area that could probably pull it off.
Ive also heard pearl is hard to match, thats why I was wondering if anyone had experience with someone that did a good job matching it. I am going to see if I can find someone in the richmond area to do the work, if not I will hit you up for shops in the 757. Thanks
Old 02-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Registered Member

cbr6004sale has disabled reputation

I been paintn for 12 year insurance and custom.. pearlwhite is alil tricky at times but the CBR pearl white isnt that yellow looking. its more diamond ice blue looking, it might be ok. if not just get the panels next to the part you want painted blended and recleared also
Old 02-16-2009, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by cbr6004sale
I been paintn for 12 year insurance and custom.. pearlwhite is alil tricky at times but the CBR pearl white isnt that yellow looking. its more diamond ice blue looking, it might be ok. if not just get the panels next to the part you want painted blended and recleared also
Wow thats a good bit of experience! Thanks for input and if I can't find anybody in the richmond area to do the work, and come to the 757, I'll be intouch.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:24 AM

So nobody get paint work done at Richmond Superbike...
Old 02-17-2009, 07:14 AM
Registered Member

blitzblue1032 blitzblue1032

ive only seen a couple bikes painted by them and they came out pretty good. although they wernt pearl though. but i know all of the other work that they do is A+ so i dont see why they wouldnt be able to pull it off. they have excellent customer service and ive seen them redo things many times to make the customer happy so i would say go for it!
Old 02-17-2009, 08:03 AM
Registered Member

gixxerman11 has disabled reputation

did you get a quote from then?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:02 AM
Registered Member

620monster has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jbhondaeg
Whats up everybody!
Was planing to paint my mid fairing pearl white to match the rest of the bike on my 07 cbr. Has anyone had paint work done by Richmond Superbike? If not, any other good paint shops you would recommend...
Thanks guys
-JB-
I am the painter for Richmond Superbike. Pearls are difficult to match because so many factors can effect the final product. i.e air pressure or gun distance. I am going to suggest that, if you are looking for a perfect match, you let me blend the adjacent panels. The job will come out better. Go down to the shop and check out the owner's personal 916 I just completed. You will see the quality of my paint jobs. You can view some of my older work at www.sonnynaylor.com

Here are some quick photos
Attached Thumbnails Richmond Superbike?-916r-web1.jpg   Richmond Superbike?-916r-web2.jpg  
Old 02-17-2009, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by 620monster
I am the painter for Richmond Superbike. Pearls are difficult to match because so many factors can effect the final product. i.e air pressure or gun distance. I am going to suggest that, if you are looking for a perfect match, you let me blend the adjacent panels. The job will come out better. Go down to the shop and check out the owner's personal 916 I just completed. You will see the quality of my paint jobs. You can view some of my older work at www.sonnynaylor.com

Here are some quick photos
Wow Sonny that is def. amazing work! Pmed you.
-JB-

Quick Reply: Richmond Superbike?