Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

R-1 owners. previous and now.... get in here.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:38 PM
da dragva kokopelli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz
Default R-1 owners. previous and now.... get in here.

okay so i have my mind made up finally after a year or so of which bike i will buy, and so far just from doing homework, reading as much material/reviews, and everything i could find on the r-1 forums. i have fallen in love with it.

i have riden quite a few bikes before, from zx6's to a BUSA, BUT NEVER a r1. i plan on going to check one out before i get one to call my own, but i also want constructive criticism from people who have owned them and own them now.

05 and up r1's is what i will be looking into. BTW. not the older ones.

basically im asking,

what are the issues one may have encountered with them (if any)
and has it treated you as good as im hoping it has, i.e does it break alot? require more than the regular maintenance ?
is it uncomfortable after long rides? because i will put miles on this thing.

do you think my money will be better spent on another bike?
i have looked into almost every bike except ninjas. i refuse.

im just want the personal no bullshit opinions and reviews......

thanks

nagz
Old 10-21-2008, 01:08 AM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom
Default Re: R-1 owners. previous and now.... get in here.

buy an ex500 perfect bike for everyone.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:11 AM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

Originally Posted by djgrom
buy an ex500 perfect bike for everyone.
negative on that ghost rider...
Old 10-21-2008, 04:44 AM
Registered Member

TACKLEBERRY has disabled reputation

F*ck that! Buy a 04 05 Zx10-R. That bike is fun to ride and is a beast on power. going two up in the rear on that thing makes it a monster... I've had many bikes and I hate the R-1 it doesn't start moving until like 8500 the low end on r-1's suck. I don't kknow I was never a kawi guy until I rode the 10-r... dude read up on the Zx10-R I'd let you ride mine if my roomate didn't total it...

Cliff notes
Kawi Zx10-r is a monster
Fun to ride
Great power
And IS A MONSTER
Old 10-21-2008, 04:48 AM
DayCrew© Dude

Johnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hang the nagger
i have looked into almost every bike except ninjas. i refuse.
Hater.

:-p

Btw.. do not forget to check insurance rates before deciding on the R1. You (depending on record and whatnot) will probably be amazed at the difference in insurance costs between a 600cc and 1000cc bike.

Just sayin.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:06 AM

TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean

good choice, sounds like you did your homework.
no sportbikes will be comfortable for long rides. and japanese engines are really reliable
i say go for it, get the R1.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:59 AM
da dragva kokopelli

Originally Posted by TACKLEBERRY
F*ck that! Buy a 04 05 Zx10-R. That bike is fun to ride and is a beast on power. going two up in the rear on that thing makes it a monster... I've had many bikes and I hate the R-1 it doesn't start moving until like 8500 the low end on r-1's suck. I don't kknow I was never a kawi guy until I rode the 10-r... dude read up on the Zx10-R I'd let you ride mine if my roomate didn't total it...

Cliff notes
Kawi Zx10-r is a monster
Fun to ride
Great power
And IS A MONSTER

i might look into it, but i kind of have bad luck with the kawasaki brand...
and the bike dosent jump out and scream wow thats sick to me, well at least not as much as the r1 or a RR does.

Originally Posted by JNYBGUD
Hater.

:-p

Btw.. do not forget to check insurance rates before deciding on the R1. You (depending on record and whatnot) will probably be amazed at the difference in insurance costs between a 600cc and 1000cc bike.

Just sayin.
already did it. haha
its cheaper than my car insurance either way, and a 1000cc makes it so i only buy one bike, not a 600cc bike, hate it want more power then a 1000cc. less hassle.

what bike are you riding?

Originally Posted by TheGreatLean
good choice, sounds like you did your homework.
no sportbikes will be comfortable for long rides. and japanese engines are really reliable
i say go for it, get the R1.
i will do my homework very nicely for something that may be one of the last big purchases of my life.... haha
Old 10-21-2008, 11:03 AM
DayCrew© Dude

Johnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hang the nagger

already did it. haha
its cheaper than my car insurance either way, and a 1000cc makes it so i only buy one bike, not a 600cc bike, hate it want more power then a 1000cc. less hassle.

what bike are you riding?

I have a 06 CBR600RR. I can not wait to get a liter bike. I wont lie. Especially after doing some riding on my coworkers GSX-R1K. But insurance is cheaper on the 600s for me. Read Super Street Bike last month and they compared, brand new, ZX-6R vs ZX-10R and the insurance difference was crazy. Then they changed the sprockets and put on an exhaust on the 6 and from a dig it can keep up for a gear or two before the top end takes over for the 10 and the 6 is just as capable through twisties.

So for now I am ok with the 600... I just cant wait to get back to Kawasaki. Even though I like the CBRs digital speedo and undertail exhaust.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:05 AM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

love mine alot man, only problem i have with it is that after a while the undertal exhaust gets a lil toasty on really hot days. But its worth it. Still considering the trade, i pmed you back.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:21 AM
2000' 3.8L V6

buddyantunez1 has a reputation beyond reputebuddyantunez1 has a reputation beyond reputebuddyantunez1 has a reputation beyond reputebuddyantunez1 has a reputation beyond reputebuddyantunez1 has a reputation beyond reputebuddyantunez1 has a reputation beyond reputebuddyantunez1 has a reputation beyond reputebuddyantunez1 has a reputation beyond reputebuddyantunez1 has a reputation beyond reputebuddyantunez1 has a reputation beyond reputebuddyantunez1 has a reputation beyond repute

i sold my 05' R1 not too long ago and it was a great bike! never had any maintenance issues with it at all although i put fresh fluids and tires on it the day i got it. put well over 3K on it in just over 3 months and it was nothing less than an outstanding bike to ride.

only thing i didnt like about it was that you really had to set up for a corner in advance where on a gsxr and the cbr's were basically drop into a corner at the last second. i really had to position my body and really force the bike into corners. exiting them was fine. the bike had loads of power, making 150whp BONE STOCK.

other than that, it was a perfect bike and i would love to own one in the future.

Quick Reply: R-1 owners. previous and now.... get in here.